Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Density Vs Fluidity
05-25-2009, 01:26 PM,
Density Vs Fluidity
Just wanted to warn newbies that even if you try to duplicate the hairstyle of somone you know (wether it's a friend or a star), I suggest you order a density that's a little lower than the one you think would be equivalent to that person's hair.

Because of the way the hair is attached to the base, in the best case, you'll always have 2 hair segments coming up from each knot. So for the same amount of hair, the overall look of your hairpiece will always appear more bulky and a lot less fluid.

It's true that the hair on a hairpiece always needs a little time and a few washes to settle down. It's also true that some products or even a little water will help give very thick hair a more fluid look. But still... it's just an opinion based on my experience, but getting both high densities and a nice fluid look is very difficult.

Take Tom Cruise for exemple. I think his hair density is probably equivalent to 75% or maybe even 80% on the Toplace chart. But the way his hair flows and behaves isn't similar to a hairpiece with such a high density. If you consider the overlook and the fluidity of his hair (and not necessairly the amount of hair by square inch), it could be compared in my opinion to a 70% or even 65% hairpiece.

So I think it's something really important we should consider. I think there's a certain compromise to make between density and fluidity, and in many cases, if you want a natural looking hairpiece with hair that behaves naturally, it's better to go with a lower density. Now I really understand why I've always liked my pieces best after a few months of shedding Big Grin

Regards everyone..hope this helps Smile
05-25-2009, 01:58 PM,
Re: Density Vs Fluidity
Very true... Less density like 60% max (which is still generally enough to look like a good head of hair) makes for a much more manage-able piece which lays and flows better.

Too high density is also a source of blending problems in the sides and back.
05-25-2009, 02:13 PM,
Tapehead Wrote:Very true... Less density like 60% max (which is still generally enough to look like a good head of hair) makes for a much more manage-able piece which lays and flows better.

Too high density is also a source of blending problems in the sides and back.

Yup, that seems to be the one of the biggest "mistakes" that I see happening.
People order a density that is too high then wonder, "why does it not blend on the sides
and back".
Think about it for a second. If the density is the same (or even a touch less) as your existing hair
there would be no problem blending the sides and back. The unit hair would simply fall in place
with your existing hair.

Smile
Fred
06-06-2009, 06:38 AM,
Nice post and very pertinent. I'm adding this thread to the *Info Links* thread.