Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
tried my first attachment what a nightmare
05-27-2009, 08:49 AM,
tried my first attachment what a nightmare
So i haven't seen any videos or asked for any help for attachment but what a mistake!

I was told to put supertape around the perimeters and glue in the middle? The edges are jagged and uneven and i ended up having one strand of tape hanging off the edge of the piece and it stuck out ended up looking like tape sandwich when i attached but that wasnt the main problem. When i messed up some of the supertape application and tried to take the tape off the piece i ended up yanking it by accident and gah bunch of hair got stuck to the tape lol. Lace release helped for the most part but ive lost some hair off the piece which sucked. Then attachment was even more difficult with all that hair in the way and the way the hair line is i wasnt sure where it would meet and i didnt attach it properly Sad when it was all wonky attached i knew id have to start again.

So now ive take it off and im leaving attachment part 2 until tommorow. Anyone have some advice with attachment and stupidtape.
05-27-2009, 11:32 AM,
Re: tried my first attachment what a nightmare
Dude, This is what i do.

Put tape around the perimeter and, middle and front. Before u apply it to your head for positioning, spray the tape thats on the piece with some alcohol, just a little, which gives u extra time to position the piece if u need to. Once its positioned and down press gently around the edges and the hairline. After that use a cotton bud ( Q tip) to get some glue on it, and touch up the places in front u think need it.

YOur done. I have been wearing for many years now, and i must say this part can be challenging still, especially if the hair is quite long.U can use clips to hold the hair in place which will make it easier to see what your doing.

Good luck

Sam
05-27-2009, 12:19 PM,
ah lol that lace realise trick why the hell didnt i do that from the start !!!!!! Do i not need to use the glue to keep the hair piece attached and just use it for touch ups?

Anyway your advice makes my second try sound a whole lot easier. Thanks alot sam!
05-27-2009, 01:04 PM,
Do i not need to use the glue to keep the hair piece attached and just use it for touch ups?

Danger not sure what u mean by that mate. I just use the glue for touch ups only,and use tape for the rest of the piece.

Sam
05-27-2009, 01:08 PM,
ohh i thought glue was for like dabbing it on your scalp to help with attachment . but i'll just do what you do. What tape do you use btw mate. If supertape doesnt work out well think id much perfer to get long lasting attachments like you've said you have.
05-27-2009, 04:51 PM,
I get 2 weeks with supertape, i can shower with hot water, go swimming etc

What i do is have another template made from layers of gaffer tape, exactly the same size. I use this as a guide to shave my head perfectly, i mean perfectly. I use an electric shaver to 90% and then user a razor just to get the edges clean and tidy.

I then have CC contours of supertape which i cut using a scalpel blade, using my template again. I use 7 bits for fixing

I then put a small 2cm x 2cm right in the middle. I then pre-lift all the tabs and fold a small section. This makes it easier to grab hold off later.

Using good light and double sided mirrors and then pull the 2 cm x 2cm tab and align, if it's not perfect, and can lift and get it perfect. When its perfect, i push down hard. It's then a simple process of removing the tabs and just go around pushing down trying to not get any ripples and a clean fit.

If your scalp is perfectly dry and clean i get 0% lift at the front. I do get a bit of lift down the sides from day 10 as the stubble pushes it out a bit.

Using cut tabs means i can get a really good hold with any shape template, curves etc