Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
UK Convention and my experience - PICS ARE NOW UP
05-28-2009, 03:19 AM,
UK Convention and my experience - PICS ARE NOW UP
I will get to the point of the matter.

I have been researching this forum for years, I took the plunge 8 months ago and it ended in a disaster as the person I was dealing with had very little experience. So, I got on a plane and headed directly to the Birmingham convention straight from Sydney, Australia.

I only required a frontal partial and I am super glad I made the trip because I was given amazing tips by Debbie, BA and Jrob and also other fellow hair wearers. It doesn't feel like I have anything on my head and some basic tips and tricks have got my hair looking fine from day to day. I am at day 4 after the convntion and been through wild weather and the piece looks and feels fine. The best thing about it is I only use ultra hold glue!

Debbie and BA are special people with a special talent, they looked after me while I was there and I have nothing but praise for them. All the way from pre-attachment one year ago and till now they help me in every way they can. Doing things over the internet can sometimes be difficult so if it is possible for youto attend the conventions. Do not hesitate. They go about their work expertly. I was at the convention from 9:30 am untill 6:00pm and was amazed by what I was seeing. Guy after guy having different needs and wants and getting catered to proficiently. Debbie is in another class compared to all the stylists I have spoken to. BA will tell you what is needed to get things right instead of beating around the bush. Jrob is a craftsmen, I am loving your products Jrob!!

My advice to everyone considering take the plunge is to deal with people with experience from making a proper template with exact measurements for fitting, getting a proper cut in and proper attachment. Do not take the plunge just because some pictures look good. There is a lot to learn and once you have a technique down pat you really are on your way. If you want something that feels and looks right, for your first time get it done by someone who is experienced and then you can experiment by yourself from then on.

Debbie, BA, Jrob, and John, thank you so much for all your care and attention, I would not have made it without you guys. If anyone wants to ask me about the convention or anything about my experience feel free to email me at <!-- e --><a href="mailto:[email protected]">[email protected]</a><!-- e -->
05-28-2009, 07:57 AM,
Re: UK Convention and my experience - pics to follow
Looking forward to seeing your pics = a partial frontal is what I'm after too so I would love to see what you have been able to achieve!
05-29-2009, 12:07 AM,
Hey mate, I got to the convention late...so I didn't see the "before", but the piece looked fantastic. I had no idea you had a piece until someone helped me catch up on what I missed, I thought you just there observing!

I am going to go for a shorter style like you, after I grow mine a bit longer. Heres a pic of when I had my hair short:

[Image: 1short.jpg]

And cheers for helping me get the right hair colour of 1b Big Grin
05-29-2009, 07:23 AM,
got to say downundersyds hair was bloody dam good no one would ever no NO one
05-31-2009, 01:30 PM,
It was well worth it Tim! Syd to London was a fair price for a student

cheers Jake

No probs Spartan, so you are definately the 1b ay??

Sorting out my cam and will upload pics real soon.
06-01-2009, 10:15 AM,
downundersyd Wrote:It was well worth it Tim! Syd to London was a fair price for a student

cheers Jake

No probs Spartan, so you are definately the 1b ay??

Sorting out my cam and will upload pics real soon.

Hey man, what are you studying at uni?

I would love to visit Australia, there are quite a few aussie pubs in London and I like their attitude to life Big Grin
06-01-2009, 02:53 PM,
Hey Spartan,

Australia is a beautiful place, there are parts which are a bit like London, but in the summer here the beaches are rocking and we have awesome reef up north.

Definately a laid back country
06-03-2009, 09:13 AM,
Lads, These pics are day 11 after the UK convention.

I know they are not the greatest of quality but looking at them after I took them, they are extremely close to how I look right now.

Frontal partial. Swiss Lace number 2, ran some dark brown color through it on day 8. 60-65% density.

St-30 used for the front, sides and back. This piece has gone through heavy rain, bad attachments, too much alchohol, matted like a pancake, and too much product. I gave it a good clean and brush and it's back to normal and it could of been 10 times better had I not put it through so much s***.

Used jrobs serum and a small amount of waxworks. Wola. This is only my first attachment which I got sitting on my head properly.

Debbie where are you so I could kiss you! hah!

BA, Debbie, and Jrob are the foundation of my success story which began a year ago.

I will continue to post pics every chance I get. Take my advice, read every bit of information on this forum, if you intend on taking the plunge, deal with someone with good experience for your first time.

Attached Files Image(s)

06-03-2009, 11:01 AM,
Good stuff dude Big Grin , how do you get the front looking good...do you use glue at the very front? and how much of the lace is trimmed?
06-03-2009, 11:06 AM,
Hey dude,

no glue at the front, I put the st-30 tape right up to the tip of the lace front, there is barely any lace left infront of the tape once iv tapped it onto the lace front