Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Got2Bglued methods
05-28-2009, 06:17 AM,
Got2Bglued methods
I tell you, the got2bglue spiking glue works very well for attaching the base of the hair system. It gives a pretty solid hold, i tried to remove on the 2nd or 3rd day with warm water and it was difficult to break the bond lol.

The only real problem i have with the got2bglued is the very very front hairline. Does anyone have any tricks or methods for applying the very front hairline to get a solid hold.? I usually use a little bit of cream glue on the very front hairline and the rest got2b
05-28-2009, 12:11 PM,
Re: Got2Bglued methods
Xeon mate,

Does it work on lace?
Is it a spray? gel? is it possible to get 2 weeks attachment?

Ive never inquired about this got2beglue stuff, i wonder if im missing out Big Grin

Thanks mate

ps. Any idea where Bobby went? from philly
05-28-2009, 12:42 PM,
Use NextGen glue that Debbie sells on the front.I have found GTBG in the very front on SFS lace will work ok around the house but
when it has to be bonded 100%,use some NextGen.
05-28-2009, 04:47 PM,
Sesster, it is a hair producted called got2bglued spiking glue. It is neither a gel nor spray, It is like a white cream type texture and u squirt it out of a tube. It is a pretty thick texture. I believe it is good for 1 to maybe five days? depending on the person. I never wore for more then 3 days so i dont know. Why it is cool to use is not so much about the bonding longevity but the ease of attachment and removal. there is no alcohol to worry about, or solvents etc. The product complete dissolves with just warm water, so no clean up. Its just fast and easy. I can attach the thing in the time it takes to take a piss lol If only it worked better on the front hairline id really love it.
05-29-2009, 12:08 AM,
I can attach the thing in the time it takes to take a piss lol

:lol: :lol: cheers mate, i might give it a go, for easy clean up, and see how long i can get.. maybe only use tape or glue in the front. In your 3 days of wearing, is the hold quite solid.. like if u pulled on the hair reasonably hard it wont come off?? Could it survive a wild roller coaster?

Thanks mate

Sam
05-29-2009, 01:18 AM,
Sam

Here you go: <!-- l --><a class="postlink-local" href="http://www.toplace.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=840&p=5140&hilit=+stress+test+#p5140">viewtopic.php?f=2&t=840&p=5140&hilit=+stress+test+#p5140</a><!-- l -->

It's actually been a very handy attachment method on a couple occasions - where I just needed to shower & be out the door, it's literally a two minute attach, and when I over zealously scratched my scalp at the tapeline & developed a scrape that was too raw to tape.

Xeon

Here's my hairline this morning, on 2nd day of attachment ( slept in two nights, just spritzed with water & clicked the shot). Prior to any attachment, I take a papertowel and do an alcohol scrub on my attachment area to get it bone dry & completely clean of all oils, maybe that would help? You can do something you can't with glue, which is to press heavily into the hairline. Just a stiff multi-angle brushing releases any stuck hairs.

[Image: 0528090900.jpg]
05-29-2009, 03:06 AM,
Mr Newyork, thanks for that,much appreciated!

Sam
05-29-2009, 03:15 AM,
No worries Sam, my pleasure. You can't swim or walk through a monsoon in it, but there's not a rollercoaster made that can blow if off your knot when full area glued & pressed
05-29-2009, 07:03 AM,
I dont think it is going to come off on a rollercoaster or any heavy winds. The base attachment for me within the 3 days was secure. But your used to very strong 2 week bonds, so i am not sure if ud find it right for you. Its a good 3 day hold for me. But the front hairline like i said is not that great for me. and with skin systems using got2bglued on the front is tricky. since no air can get to it, sometimes it does not want to dry, where as lace the got2b dries a lot easier.
06-02-2009, 02:47 AM,
What do you guys find is the best method for releasing the bond achieved with got2b glue products?

Sesser--by the way, I think Xeon is referring to use of this stuff with a skin base, not a lace base. Correct me if I'm wrong, Xeon. But it can work on a lace base too. My problem is that I wear a full cap, and the nape requires a very strong bond to hold it down. Not even ultrahold is strong enough to hold the nape. I use blue liner tape for the nape and got2b for the top and front hairline and for the sides (plus a little ultrahold for the very edge of the sides).