Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Plastic Tabs
05-29-2009, 05:30 AM,
Plastic Tabs
Does anybody have a picture of pre-attached plastic tabs on base material?. Let me clarify what I mean. I was planning on ordering a synthetic hairpiece with a fine monofilament base with a thin PU border. I saw a similar unit at my stylist which had four plastic tabs attached to the front, sides and back. The front tab was curved (A contour, I think) that was one inch long and four inches wide and was half an inch from the edge of the perimeter. The other three tabs were straight with similar dimensions and placement. My goal is to attach regular tape (e.g. Walker) to the plastic tabs and detach daily. I would appreciate feedback from some of the hair gurus out there. Thanks in advance.
05-29-2009, 01:08 PM,
Re: Plastic Tabs
Potomoc,
I can order that piece for you but I wouldn't recommend it. Synthetic hair on a fine mono base? Fine mono is yesterday's technology---lace is much more undetectable and comfortable. And synthetic hair--the problem there is that the knots can't be bleached, it reflects sunlight differently, and you can't use a color blender (synthetic hair can't be dyed) to blend it with your own hair color. I tried a synthetic unit once just to say 'I tried it.' The final blow was when my stylist said he wouldn't use his good clippers on it and went to back room to get an old set of clippers. You'd be much happier with a real human hair unit on a lace base---it's much more realistic.
Regards,
John