Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How to go bald gracefully while wearing
05-30-2009, 06:43 PM,
Re: How to go bald gracefully while wearing
muchexperience Wrote:Thanks Tom. You're absolutely right. That is my point. Trying to just adjust things to be naturally receding. Just don't know how to style it. I currently go with no part, and like you say very loose and casual without a rigid style. When you say you cut the hairline back so do you literally just make it higher in front and wear the same style? It was kind of hard to tell from your pic. That is the approach I would like to take. Any other comments or pics from anyone would be helpful.

Yeah I order the unit with a normal front and cut it back. Much easier to do since going to all lace. I cut it highr in front and even deeper in the temples. The "style" stays the same off center part comb back on sides and slightly on the front.

Here are a couple full cap shots.

[Image: CopyofPicture195-1-1.jpg]
[Image: IMG_2407.jpg]
[Image: Re-exposureofwelcome.jpg]
05-31-2009, 07:22 PM,
Looks great tom wats the specs on the second pic? Thanks
06-01-2009, 08:37 AM,
the7thson Wrote:Looks great tom wats the specs on the second pic? Thanks

Its actually the same as the first about 5 months apart! After a long day on a boat riding the waterway the hair in the second pic is blown out. density around 65% (New one coming is going to 55%)
I try to thin and recede yearly. Someday I want to free myself of this thing at this rate maybe 10 years LOL .

Body wave,
50% gray temples to 10%-15%.
Color 1b becasue it lightens up as can be seen between number one and number 2.
Full caps.
100% lace (not SFS) Went from all poly to poly perimeter (tape removal sucked on poly I had to use scotch tape with Blue on the scalp side.
I use no shine on front and three 1" wide blue strips on the back ST30 for the sides.Nothing over the ears. I do NOT over tape. A few small strips go a long way and I ride a motorcycle sans helmet sometimes and it doesn't budge. I think new users over tape their units.

I get 7 months out of them and as you can see I look like I need a haircut. Thats the way I prefer it rather then too perfect. I shampoo and air dry in the sun a new unit at least 5 times before I wear it and cut it in. I do all my own cutting.

I wash using store brand shampoo and conditioner and shampoo and blow dry everyday. Again I would rather it NOT look like "Hollywood" hair. I really don't coddle the units. I tried the blue bottled stuff and some other things but for me its real hair and I treat it as such. Although I did like the Blue Max and that Horses Mane conditioner.

Something I do and I am sure I am alone on this is I cut the hair shorter as I wear it then when I get a new one its always longer.......(People at work know when I changed my hair..LOL They are used to it by now). The ends get dry and split so I cut them off.
06-02-2009, 02:28 AM,
Tom, Would you mind emailing me at <!-- e --><a href="mailtoConfused[email protected]">[email protected]</a><!-- e -->. Thanks!