Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My piece is matted and flat
05-30-2009, 01:47 PM,
My piece is matted and flat
Hey Guys,

The hairs on my piece have completely stuck to the lace, tried lace release and pure and the thing is as flat as a pancake.

My attachment so far has been ultra hold, so could be the glue? Not sure

Any body have any ideas?
05-31-2009, 12:45 AM,
Re: My piece is matted and flat
sounds like you didn't clean it after removal and you sat on it.
Never heard of such troubles like this from anyone.

maybe try soaking it in ethanol alcohol for 10mins thens rinse it off it soapy warm water...

If that doesnt work...buy a new one and don't do whatever it is you did with this one.
Goodluck
05-31-2009, 05:01 AM,
hi m8

as the hair stuck to the ultra hold ?

if so did you let the glue dry enough before you put the system on .
05-31-2009, 01:18 PM,
thanks lads. The glue was definately completely dry before I put the piece on.

If you sweat or you have walked for 20 minutes in the rain, won't that cause the glue to seep through the piece when you try to push the piece down on you head?

This is the only reason I can think of why my piece became so matted and tangled
05-31-2009, 02:44 PM,
downundersyd Wrote:thanks lads. The glue was definately completely dry before I put the piece on.

If you sweat or you have walked for 20 minutes in the rain, won't that cause the glue to seep through the piece when you try to push the piece down on you head?

This is the only reason I can think of why my piece became so matted and tangled

You're probably using too much glue. It only takes a thin coat.
Also why would you be trying "to push the piece down on your head" after sweating or walking in the rain ?

Smile
Fred
05-31-2009, 04:00 PM,
Hey Fred!

I was just pushing down the edges as I was getting lift
06-03-2009, 09:59 AM,
hey mate, Im the one from London who you had your photo done when there were three of is. Ive had abit of troubly myself with re=attatching my system but I found if you put the glue on then feather it out to where you want it with your finger it holds much beyyer and feels better. I think I used too much glue to start off eith and it seeped through slightly.
06-03-2009, 10:21 AM,
Hey tunners,

I think I will give that a go next, I successfully attached the piece using st-30 for front and back and still looks pretty good.

No lift whats so ever in front. I don't expose a full hairline so tape at the front is not too bad for me.

I couldn't believe how much ultra hold bled through the piece last week! I think even if the glue completely dries, If you have a shower or it rains on the piece the glue will eventually feel the water and once its dry if you push down on the piece after getting some lift then the glue will seep through? Does that make sense guys? haha Or I could be completely wrong.