Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Using Tape on front hairline
06-02-2009, 06:16 AM,
Using Tape on front hairline
You know when you put the tape onto your front lace than put the system down onto your head, Alot of times when i use tape, i get ripples on the front hairline. It doesnt want to lay down straight and flat. Anyone else have this problem and know a way around it?
06-02-2009, 06:54 AM,
Re: Using Tape on front hairline
I get these now and then but they usually are out to the right or left and not in the very front. These usually form if I try to reposition the piece after I set it down.
I used alchohol spray to give me a few second to position. If I wait to long to move the system I can get a wrinkle. Part of wearing I suppose.
06-02-2009, 05:18 PM,
yeah i never really use the alcohol slide or anything. Maybe i should start! lol. It just seems to want to contort its own way, I think it has something to do with how I am applying it to the lace piece. Maybe i am stretching it out or something and then it wants to take its original shape. Not quite sure. I usually try to attach the front center first then do the sides.
06-02-2009, 05:33 PM,
MAybe you are stretching your skin too much when you push the lace down...do it more gently.
06-02-2009, 09:11 PM,
yeah i never really use the alcohol slide or anything. Maybe i should start! lol.

Xeon mate that should help..after i apply tape to my piece, i actually use my hairspray to spray my scalp, cos that contains alcohol, and gives me time to position my system better. Sometimes I still need to lift up and replace again but it helps a lot. After i spray the 'alcohol' i position the piece on my head, and when im happy the hairline is in place,i pull on both temples of the piece to try and make it as straight as possible before i press down, if that makes sense. Once i got the front down i pull the middle area of the piece by both side to make sure the sides are tight then press down and same for back area. If i ever get ripples, its always in the back or slightly on a side, never in front, I rather it in the back then in the front. We only have 2 hands, and doing this stuff on yourself is really not easy at times... I always wondered how easy it would be doing this stuff on someone else.. would be a dam piece of cake!!! We could give them the best attachment!! lol

Sam
06-03-2009, 05:24 AM,
Sester Wrote:yeah i never really use the alcohol slide or anything. Maybe i should start! lol.

Xeon mate that should help..after i apply tape to my piece, i actually use my hairspray to spray my scalp, cos that contains alcohol, and gives me time to position my system better. Sometimes I still need to lift up and replace again but it helps a lot.

What hairspray do you use?

Kind regards.
06-03-2009, 05:31 AM,
Yeah i hear you sesster. I have my own odd way of attaching. I put the tapes on the system but i leave the backings on, except for the very back part. So then i position the system where i want it to be, once i get it, i ACTUALLY press the center/front of my head against a wall, to keep it in place and stretch the back down and attach. I use the wall as a 3rd hand haha. Than once the very back is attached i go in front of a mirror lift the unit up from the front, and peel the tapes off starting from the bottom and attach section by section progressively till i get to the very front hairline. Than i either tape that section down if there is tape, if theres no tape there i glue it. it might sound weird but it has worked for me and is quick. plus u can see exactly how you are attaching the unit in the right position. So that is the main reason why i never had to use alcohol slides. the problem with the front ripples for me is not so much getting the position wrong, but the tape itself. That other guy is right i am probably stretching my scalp out without realizing it.
06-03-2009, 11:36 AM,
i ACTUALLY press the center/front of my head against a wall,

:lol: :lol:  I love that! hehe Very creative! ah.. the things we do sometimes as hair wearers.. :mrgreen:

Also. I actually would like to do similar to what you said, like have the back stuck down, then peel the rest of the backing, but i always wondered how hard it would be to peel the backing with it on your head.. is it tricky?

What hairspray do you use?

Spartan I use Schwarzkopf Super Styling.

Sam
06-03-2009, 11:58 AM,
"always wondered how hard it would be to peel the backing with it on your head.. is it tricky?"3

not at all, its extremely simple. what i do to make it easy, after i apply all the tapes to my lace with the backings on. I just semi peel the tapes.. I do not take the whole tape backing off but i just start to peel it off on one end before i put the system on my head. That way when it is on my head and flipped up, the tape backings come off extremely easily. I make sure to start the pre-peeling starting from the end of the tapes that face towards the front hairline, That way when u are looking at urself in front of a mirror with ur system flipped up, its easy to pull the tapes down and off as opposed to up and off, if u get what i mean. This method i use is the best so far me when it comes to getting a good alignement and attachment.
06-03-2009, 07:27 PM,
Cheers mate! I'll give it a go, should work fine i think.

Thanks

Sam