Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New hair spray or gel - alcohol, chemical free, awesome!
03-04-2010, 08:08 AM,
New hair spray or gel - alcohol, chemical free, awesome!
I have been wearing for years and work at a hardcore health co, so I am very conscious of chemicals etc.
I wear my hair kinda like superman's (long in front and shorter on sides -pretty much full cap)
and so I like to have stronger holds if I need it , when I need it. This works awesome! It does not build up at all and holds very well.

These hair styling products are formulated based on the innovative sugar-based technology

synthetic resin free
biodegradable
alcohol free
paraben free
GMO Free

I got this one "NATURAL HAIR STYLING SPRAY FRAGRANCE-FREE"
- I have not tried any of the others yet

you can buy it at a lot of places
but check it at - (they have gel and mouse as well )

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.suncoatproducts.com/index-hairspray.htm">http://www.suncoatproducts.com/index-hairspray.htm</a><!-- m -->

n conventional hair styling products, synthetic plastics such as PVP (polyvinyl pyrrolidone polymer), acrylic copolymers, VA (vinyl acetate) polymer and acrylamide polymer, have been very commonly used as this key ingredient. Almost all the so-called natural hair styling products on the market today are also based on these synthetic chemicals.

These synthetic plastics are petroleum derived, not biodegradable, so are not the best choice to enhance your hair’s natural beauty and do not meet our eco-friendly needs. They are contaminated with trace amount of chemicals called monomers, such as vinyl pyrrolidone monomer, vinyl acetate monomer, acrylic acid and acrylate monomers. These monomers are the starting materials for producing these plastics. They are not only toxic, but also reactive.

We have chosen natural multi-sugar biopolymers (polysaccharides) instead for hair styling. Natural multi-sugar biopolymers are essentially complex carbohydrates, readily biodegradable. They are naturally derived from renewable resources, such as corn and vegetables etc. They deliver superior performance without harming your health or our environment. These unique natural multi-sugar biopolymers have enabled natural hair care to be genuinely free of petrochemicals.
03-06-2010, 07:02 PM,
Re: New hair spray or gel - alcohol, chemical free, awesome!
Keep in mind that "natural", "biodegradable", and "sulfate free" don't necessarily mean that the product will perform properly with processed hair.

Sometimes it comes down to experimentation. Unfortunately, I had terrible luck with some of these "all natural" products. They positively wrecked my hair. Not that they ALL will damage the hair, but you have to be careful.
03-07-2010, 03:17 PM,
Rob,
I agree with you, every natural product like this I have tried was at best kind of lame. This stuff works! I have it and have been using it. This is as good as an alcohol spray. I would not waste everyone's time posting this otherwise.
03-08-2010, 05:16 PM,
destro Wrote:Rob,
I agree with you, every natural product like this I have tried was at best kind of lame. This stuff works! I have it and have been using it. This is as good as an alcohol spray. I would not waste everyone's time posting this otherwise.

It's always good to find products that are effective for our specialized needs. Before I started developing products of my own I was overjoyed to find something...ANYTHING that would not dry the hair out and make my unit shed prematurely. There are definitely a few out there that weren't developed specifically for our type of hair that work well, but it's kind of like finding a needle in a haystack to stumble upon them, and unfortunately with over the counter products it's not as simple as reading the ingredients deck to see if it is safe for the hair. That's why the forums are good. We can exchange ideas so only one person has to wreck a unit, not 50 Confusedhock:
03-09-2010, 03:51 AM,
sounds like an advertisment and not a personal recommendation to me.
03-10-2010, 12:23 PM,
ad my ass - you go to cvs and buy your aqua net - take some deep breaths with that shite
03-11-2010, 03:07 AM,
destro Wrote:ad my ass - you go to cvs and buy your aqua net - take some deep breaths with that shite

Old ladies around the country are dropping like flies I take it? :mrgreen:

Honestly I forgot to add the little laughing guy to my original comment so it seemed like I was accusing you of advertising , when I was really just being funny about your enthusiasm.