Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Newbies simple (effective) idea, what do you think?
06-05-2009, 06:56 AM,
Newbies simple (effective) idea, what do you think?
Hello,
wearing since 10 days, applied my piece 3 times now. Every time I attatched I was sure
that I placed the piece not as perfect as Debbie did ( of course not!) & a little frustrated.

Now my idea: I made a template (the usual way with tape & foil), bit not of the scalp -
I made a template of my forehead from eyebrow to the hairline !

I attatch this template temporarly by puttin some waterdrops on my forehead and place it.
It will guide me throuch the attatchment process.
Now I have perfect edges (that show the hairline) and I know exactly where to apply the liquid adhesive.
It`s also much easier now to attatch the piece with this template on.

What do you think ? Best regards Carsten
06-05-2009, 08:13 AM,
Re: Newbies simple (effective) idea, what do you think?
whatever works for you mate, personally i like to make little marks on my scalp at the front before i place my piece.

What do you mean by water drops by the way ?

I know i could have got my mom to help with the attachment to make it perfect but this is something we really need to be independant with!
06-05-2009, 11:19 AM,
That sounds like a really good idea Carsten.. Have you tried it yet? I have a habit of over-shooting the hairline with glue, leaving an extra 2-3 mm of glue in front of the lace, which the hair often gets stuck into. I might try your idea out!
06-06-2009, 03:30 AM,
Yes, I tried it yesterday for the first time & it worked so good for me, that I needed to tell the forum about this immediately.
You need the waterdrops between your skin and the template as it strenghtens the adhesion while you wear it (you don`t need to hold it !).
06-06-2009, 10:19 AM,
I kind of tried what you are doing, but i took it a step further. Instead of making a template of my forehead, I made a template of my hair system front. This way the template matches exactly the front shape on the hair system itself. I used this template to make a glue maker for my head. this way its not only the right distance but the glue shape fits as well. i do not use this method anymore because i like attaching from the back first.
06-09-2009, 01:50 AM,
To get rid of the glue in front of the hairline after setting the piece, I just use scotch tape. So easy !