Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
being self concious about a hairpiece
06-05-2009, 08:19 AM,
being self concious about a hairpiece
Alright i've been wearing for 10 days as you know. The first day was the worst but it was only when i went out clubbing i felt so much more confident. I went out again yesterday for the 3rd time since ive been wearing out to a club and i did go to the toilet like 3 times just to see if my hair looked fine. Yeah and even though theres like a gazillion new photo's of me on facebook i went through them just to see how my hair looked lol.

- feel better everytime i step out with my hair but does the very very slight self conciousness ever go away?

- Is checking up on your hair every now and again say twice or three times in a night from 8pm till 4am something i need to stop or a wise thing to do if you wear hair

just wondering thats all
06-05-2009, 11:04 AM,
Re: being self concious about a hairpiece
danger!!89 Wrote:Alright i've been wearing for 10 days as you know. The first day was the worst but it was only when i went out clubbing i felt so much more confident. I went out again yesterday for the 3rd time since ive been wearing out to a club and i did go to the toilet like 3 times just to see if my hair looked fine. Yeah and even though theres like a gazillion new photo's of me on facebook i went through them just to see how my hair looked lol.

- feel better everytime i step out with my hair but does the very very slight self conciousness ever go away?

- Is checking up on your hair every now and again say twice or three times in a night from 8pm till 4am something i need to stop or a wise thing to do if you wear hair

just wondering thats all

The self consciouness comes and goes, as you get more experience wearing though, the feeling lessens.

Checking your hair is normal, I use the back of my ipod nano as a mirror...hah, to take a quick look to see if it looks weird, but this is after going out in the wind, when my hair goes all over the place.
06-06-2009, 03:24 AM,
You just have to own it man.

I realize that being younger might carry a little more negative weight when wearing a piece, but really....it is what it is and for the most part if it looks good (there will always be the jealous hater) people will look to YOU to form their opinions of it if they ever found out about it. In other words, if you are insecure about it, people are going to see the weakness and exploit it. If you treat it as if it's nothing, other people will too.

This also applies to your own mindset. There really is nothing to be ashamed of. It's a product that makes you look and feel better, nothing more, nothing less.
06-06-2009, 06:30 PM,
Yeah it goes away and like the expert skier who breaks a leg. Beginners never get hurt....You may become so nonchalant about it, you don;t look ENOUGH for issues....I forget I am even wearing most of the time. Sometimes the wife reminds me though when the back is not looking right..... When shes mad at me she just lets it go...LOL

Nah not really..... She likes it and does keep me honest.