Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ordering a full cap
06-05-2009, 02:28 PM,
ordering a full cap
Hey everyone
I have been very happy with what I received at the UK convention but still feel that I would prefer a full-cap. I feel the lace lifting at the sides and back, which is fine as if i push it down it sticks back but for easiness as much as anything I would like a full-cap. I also feel style wise they would be alot easier. How do I go about ordering one as there doesn't seem to be a option on the online order form. After seeing J-Robs at the convention I was blown away, I know he has alot more experience but I still think they are a better option and iwantitback's photos are so good to. Thanks for any replies.
06-05-2009, 03:17 PM,
Re: ordering a full cap
Tunners,
Since full caps represent a smaller portion of our business and require more info they are not a part of our online ordering system. The factory prefers a template to work from but will make a full cap based on dimensions (you can write to me at <!-- e --><a href="mailto:[email protected]">[email protected]</a><!-- e --> and I'll send you diagrams of the 6 measurements that the factory needs to make a full cap by dimension). Please provide the completed Printable Order Form, template or dimensions, and hair color number or hair sample (if you like to match the color of your existing hair). Many full cap wearers say that a full cap is easier since you don't have to blend the hair with your existing hair.
Regards,
John
06-06-2009, 03:02 AM,
Hey tunners,

Debbie created an awesome style for you, but my fear was always that you would find that it's hard for you to replicate on subsequent pieces due to your thin sides and back. I was in the same boat- Had a piece done by Debbie at the Vegas convention and it looked fantastic, even with my thin sides, but when I got back home and tried to make the magic happen myself I was never happy with the result until I went full cap.

Just make sure you get all lace for your first unit and order from a template. For the most realism make sure you taper the hair behind the ears where it extends down onto the nape, make sure you get enough recession in the hairline, and try to craft the temple points as naturally as possible. With a full cap, shape is probably even more important than density in achieving realism.
06-06-2009, 08:39 PM,
i agree a full cap would be best for you m8 . jrob full cap was awsome
06-06-2009, 11:35 PM,
I was going to start a thread about ordering a full cap, but since someone beat me to it I'll just ask my questions here:

- If I want to get my full cap cut in by Toplace before they send it, how do I let them know? Do I specify it on my order?
- If so, do I enclose a photo in the order so they know exactly what style I'm after?
- How will I know how much the cut in will cost?
- Also, what hair length should I ask for if I'm looking for this style:

http://i44.tinypic.com/dpai34.jpg

I'm confused about how this works. Any advice appreciated.
06-07-2009, 04:15 AM,
Sean Wrote:I was going to start a thread about ordering a full cap, but since someone beat me to it I'll just ask my questions here:

- If I want to get my full cap cut in by Toplace before they send it, how do I let them know? Do I specify it on my order?
- If so, do I enclose a photo in the order so they know exactly what style I'm after?
- How will I know how much the cut in will cost?
- Also, what hair length should I ask for if I'm looking for this style:

http://i44.tinypic.com/dpai34.jpg

I'm confused about how this works. Any advice appreciated.

Sean- haven't you posted this several times already? Just do it. It will be fine. With that moppy style you won't really be able to screw it up.

And once again. definitely, DEFINITELY send a picture with your order.
06-07-2009, 07:23 AM,
tunners Wrote:Hey everyone
I have been very happy with what I received at the UK convention but still feel that I would prefer a full-cap. I feel the lace lifting at the sides and back, which is fine as if i push it down it sticks back but for easiness as much as anything I would like a full-cap. I also feel style wise they would be alot easier. How do I go about ordering one as there doesn't seem to be a option on the online order form. After seeing J-Robs at the convention I was blown away, I know he has alot more experience but I still think they are a better option and iwantitback's photos are so good to. Thanks for any replies.

Make a trip up to Detroit/Windsor while you are in America and I will sort it for you, Or im sure Jrob will help you if you get down to Orlando as you seen from his full cap he knows the apple [Image: e9850.gif]
06-07-2009, 02:39 PM,
Full caps are a great solution to the thin sides problem but of course they take longer to make and cost more.

I've sent in both dimensions and templates and both have produced good results, though some vendors prefer dimensions only (up to 8 measurements in some cases). Lace is far more forgiving to work with, looks better and lasts longer IME. Skin can be made to work depending on the style, but the hair lays flatter and the front hairline is often a problem to hide completely. I-lace gives a good scalp look but can present its own set of other issues.

You have three options for cutting it in: get it done by a local stylist - choose carefully - send it to Debbie with a photo of the style you want, or do it yourself (not as hard as it seems).
06-08-2009, 04:17 AM,
Oh yea....tunners is coming to this side of the pond....

Definitely head up to Windsor in September. Order an all lace piece and bring it with you. We can tweak the base and then Debbie can cut it in.
06-08-2009, 12:15 PM,
JRob, any update on the DVD? Sorry if you already responded; I didn't see it