Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Who wears full cap?
06-11-2009, 08:50 PM,
Re: Who wears full cap?
Blue liner is good but it becomes messy quickly so you really need to change it every three days or so. Duotac is very strong and comes in 5 inch lengths and does not break down but it is slightly thicker and not really suited to the hairline unless maybe you wear a comb down style. I recently tried the new Vapon Topstick serated edge tape across the front and it is pretty undetectable, but very narrow and a bit shiny and doesn't seem to hold onto the lace too strongly. May work better with a little white glue applied over it, the tape between the glue and the skin makes the glue stick for longer as there's no sweat getting into it; tape seems to be more resistant to sweat than glue does.
06-13-2009, 02:05 PM,
The last few days Iv been noticing situations where I think having a full cap will make things harder. Like simple things as with lying on the couch or even on a pillow. Your lying right on the edge of the cap on your neck. Does anyone find it hard to do things like that now with a full cap?
06-13-2009, 02:07 PM,
Traco Wrote:Blue liner is good but it becomes messy quickly so you really need to change it every three days or so. Duotac is very strong and comes in 5 inch lengths and does not break down but it is slightly thicker and not really suited to the hairline unless maybe you wear a comb down style. I recently tried the new Vapon Topstick serated edge tape across the front and it is pretty undetectable, but very narrow and a bit shiny and doesn't seem to hold onto the lace too strongly. May work better with a little white glue applied over it, the tape between the glue and the skin makes the glue stick for longer as there's no sweat getting into it; tape seems to be more resistant to sweat than glue does.

Ill use ultra hold on the front. I like that there but will tape the rest.
06-14-2009, 04:51 PM,
JRob Wrote:The other tapes might stick for a day or two, but due to the nature of blue liner (it essentially breaks down into a super tacky "glue"), it doesn't tend to lift in that area like the other "stiffer" tapes do.

By all means....try other tapes and glues.....but this has been my experience and Dino's experience as well. nothing else seems to hold properly in that area.

Yep....the other tapes seem to release from the skin sooner. Not blue Liner though.,,,,
Blue Liner is S T r O nG!!!! But nearly impossible to get off POLY without stretching the poly..So I use the red liner or plain old CLEAR Scotch tape with blue liner on top against the skin......I use white glue on the front and tried the side area today and rode my bike at 70MPH without a helmet home today and not an issue. Just don;t go past a week with Blue liner it is a tacky mess when it breaks down....

On my 100% lace unit I use just St-30 and No Shine walker tape.....

BTW I have been washing the unit twice a week with a shampoo/baking soda paste in the shower with good results....
06-14-2009, 07:34 PM,
TomBongi Wrote:
JRob Wrote:The other tapes might stick for a day or two, but due to the nature of blue liner (it essentially breaks down into a super tacky "glue"), it doesn't tend to lift in that area like the other "stiffer" tapes do.

By all means....try other tapes and glues.....but this has been my experience and Dino's experience as well. nothing else seems to hold properly in that area.

Yep....the other tapes seem to release from the skin sooner. Not blue Liner though.,,,,
Blue Liner is S T r O nG!!!! But nearly impossible to get off POLY without stretching the poly..So I use the red liner or plain old CLEAR Scotch tape with blue liner on top against the skin......I use white glue on the front and tried the side area today and rode my bike at 70MPH without a helmet home today and not an issue. Just don;t go past a week with Blue liner it is a tacky mess when it breaks down....

On my 100% lace unit I use just St-30 and No Shine walker tape.....

BTW I have been washing the unit twice a week with a shampoo/baking soda paste in the shower with good results....

If blue liner is so strong why is everyone loving the st30.
06-15-2009, 05:21 AM,
Because part of the reason behind its strength is the fact that it breaks down into more of a glue than a tape. That's why the trick is to only leave it on for just the right amount of time (no more than 4 days for me).

Since most of the other tapes (including the strong ones like ST30, supertape, walker NS, proflex, etc. don't break down, they tend to lift in the nape are after a day or two. The blue liner "melts" and grabs the skin and the piece even tighter as time goes on, keeping it tacked down tight in an area that is prone to lift.

I am experimenting with using some of the other tapes on the nape as well. When they start to lift, I flip up the back and apply white glue to both the tape and the skin, and press it back down once it dries. Not QUITE as good as blue liner, but definitely less messy.