Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
walker ''no shine'' tape
06-12-2009, 12:53 PM,
Re: walker ''no shine'' tape
Well damn Sad i learned something really valuable there i've just been using 99 percent ! :!: :!:
06-12-2009, 05:05 PM,
personally i think the no shine tape is a waste. it has no benefits. it still shines on both sides. it doesnt last very long and it gets sticky quick and almost acts like glue does when it gets stuck in the hair and the base.

the supertape is much better.. if u ask me the shine level is nearly the same and it lasts no problem 7-8 days

just my opinion.
06-13-2009, 01:21 AM,
DebbieS. Wrote:do not use lace release or 99% alcohol as they will weaken the bond.
DebbieS.
<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.splitendshairreplacement.com">http://www.splitendshairreplacement.com</a><!-- m -->

Been saying the same for years Deb, But has you know others recommend doing it and its on other HR websites saying to use it to clean up lace fronts, Ermmm 100% NO ! We use 99% alcohol to release and clean off the glue, And how does the 99% alcohol help remove the piece ? Exactly like Debbie said "It loosens the bond"
06-13-2009, 09:22 AM,
Yeah i respect your opnion mate but im really hoping you're wrong about no shine tape lol. I cant comment on it just yet i haven't unattached or played serious sports with it on. But at the moment even though its abit shiny its been really comfortable i havent been getting that itch i got from supertape
06-13-2009, 10:11 AM,
I like the walker no shine tape myself, but I wouldn't use it on a low density exposed hairline.

BA and Deb-

Do you really think that 99% effects the long term bond? I spray it liberally on the white glue right before I attach the temples and hairline on my full cap and it seems to dry rock solid within a minute or two.

Haven't tried a side by side, but honestly I don't think it "breaks down" the glue at all- it just seems to keep remove the tack until the alcohol dries.