Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
walker ''no shine'' tape
06-11-2009, 10:09 AM,
walker ''no shine'' tape
I have to say i've had it on for a day and i'm really impressed, no itchiness or anything. And compared the supertape roll i had the walker tape roll i ordered was 1inch wide instead of half and this for me makes my attachment feel like three times more secure.

But seriously? No shine wtf when i left my hair up with my fingers it shines brighter than a star . Have i done something wrong to make it shine so much :S

Oh i had a rip at the hairline but sewed it up preety easily with invisable thread jrob gave me lol. Didn't realise how easy it was to tear your piece hope it doesnt make a major difference since its so close to the hairline
06-11-2009, 10:14 AM,
Re: walker ''no shine'' tape
For guys that wear for a week or more....does it last this long? and whats the clean up like? better or worser than blue liner? on both regards.
06-11-2009, 10:28 AM,
thanks for answering my question mate lol !

I'd say clean up would probably harder with stronger tape than weaker without speaking from experience.

About the week attachments i dont even know what to say dude. Every attachment ive had seems to last longer and longer. Most i've done atm is 5 days but this walker no shine feels so good and secure im hoping i'm going to try and get 9 days out of it. If that comes through then who knows, if i can get 2 week attachments during weeks im not busy with football 5 hours day i'd be more than made up.
06-11-2009, 10:59 AM,
It does shine somewhat in certain lighting conditions, you're right, but not as much as most other tapes. I can get 7 - 10 days with it but by then it's becoming a bit messy, not nearly as bad as blue lace tape, but not as solid as say Duotac which seems to retain its consistency for longer. You can dull the shine down by wiping the surface with a bit of the tape backing before attaching the hp.
06-11-2009, 02:02 PM,
There really is no such thing as a zero shine tape that I have seen. If you really need to kill the shine you will have to stretch the tape, smear it with the backing paper, or apply a couple of coats of white glue on top of it like I do.
06-12-2009, 07:24 AM,
guys, are you putting the tape on the right side. if you look at the roll label, it will tell which side goes down on piece and which side to expose. I'll bet you may be putting it on the wrong side...hense the shine.
DebbieS.
<!-- w --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.splitendshairreplacement.com">www.splitendshairreplacement.com</a><!-- w -->
06-12-2009, 08:29 AM,
debbie how would i manage that, like i peel the tape off and the sticky part that is exposed is the bottom, so how would i be able to put the other side on without making a mess of the tape in my hand idk im not making much sense but i think you know what i mean lol
06-12-2009, 11:30 AM,
on the label it says "liner side to base"....so if you are peeling it off and putting the sticky side to your base, I think you are doing it wrong.
DebbieS.
06-12-2009, 11:38 AM,
i hope so debbie, you know during attachment i was told to spray some alcohol on my scalp and i think some on the hairpiece tape. How much do i need to put on as i dont have that reallignment spray and i really want to reattach very soon. I sprayed it a good few times but as soon as i put it on my head (the tape connected to the piece) just got stuck on to my head right away after probably 2-4 seconds of realignment time.
06-12-2009, 12:42 PM,
I never use the re-align spray....but many like it. its helpful for you guys that are trying to do it yourself to give you a few extra moments of re-adjustment time...however, for me, standing right over the client, I don't find I need to use it at all.
once you spray it, you need to attach right away, it only gives you a few extra moments to adjust...it does not give you a ton of time. you only need a light spray of it and you only want to use a 50% isopropyl alcohol ....or one of the commercial sprays such as re-align, adjust-a-bond etc., do not use lace release or 99% alcohol as they will weaken the bond.
DebbieS.
<!-- w --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.splitendshairreplacement.com">www.splitendshairreplacement.com</a><!-- w -->