Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Can I soak my unit in 99% alcohol?
06-16-2009, 02:32 AM,
Can I soak my unit in 99% alcohol?
I had a bit of an accident, where I pressed the hairline down into the glue, but the glue was not spread out and had not dried, so it ended up with the hair clumping into the glue. After a couple of shampoos, the glue is still at the shaft of the hair.

I think I remember MB telling me before that you can soak the hairline in 99% alcohol overnight (8 hours or so), is this true? Are there any dangers? I also definitely remember him saying yo could soak it in desolvit, but I'm not sure about that because it might make the base harder attach.
06-16-2009, 03:38 AM,
Re: Can I soak my unit in 99% alcohol?
Here`s what Debbie wrote me regarding a similar problem:

spray a comb with the lace releaser and comb the glue out of the hair, once
all the glue is out you can wash it with shampoo. you are correct, the
shampoo will not get the glue out of the hair, you must first remove it with
the lace releaser (and yes you can use pure also) and then shampoo it well
afterwards.

Deb
06-16-2009, 05:33 AM,
yes, Mr. Burns...you CAN soak it in 99%, but I don't recommend soaking it for long, and in extreme cases only do I recommend this method. I personally don't like soaking in anything, but I may be overly cautious and safe. Smile
try spraying the comb with Lace releaser or 99% alcohol and try combing it out with a very fine toothed comb. that should do the trick.
DebbieS.
<!-- w --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.splitendshairreplacement.com">www.splitendshairreplacement.com</a><!-- w -->
06-16-2009, 06:36 AM,
I've had good results soaking the lace units in Desolvit....I founf the 99% softens the glue but it doesn't dissolve it like the citrus stuff
06-16-2009, 12:53 PM,
Use Desolvit or Pure to soak the area real good. Work it into the hair, then after a few minutes use your fingers to pull out any globs you can get ahold of. Once the majority of the glue is out work more of the adhesive remover directly into the hair, this time separating the hairs as much as possible to really work it in. You can also use a toothbrush to work it in and separate the strands.

Let it sit for a few more minutes then wash with Dawn dish soap. By separating the hair strands it should allow the soap to get in and penetrate to remove any residue.

I do this every couple of removals on my temple areas where I tend to get glue in the hair.
06-17-2009, 05:43 AM,
Many thanks for all the advice.

I've tried the alcohol through a comb, and of course it helps, but I was afraid of removing too many hair this way as we are advised not to comb them too much. And my hairline density is not that high on this unit so I'm afraid to mess to much with it.