Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Newbie needs help (pics)
06-16-2009, 06:24 AM,
Newbie needs help (pics)
Hi Guys,

I need your help, I have been losing my hair since I was about 16 (I am 23 now) and it has totally destroyed my confidence to the point were I now don't go out if its windy or raining as my hairloss will be exposed. I am interested in getting a partial piece just for the front of my head (I would shave my hair back a bit) but I was just wondering whether partial pieces are any good? Would it blend correctly with my existing hair or would there always be an obvious crossover from fake to natural hair?

Here are some pics to show you my current hair loss. The one with the red line is how far I would want my partial system to go as this is were the thinning stops.

[Image: 2rc6eiw.jpg]
[Image: zyizqa.jpg]
[Image: hv9rfb.jpg]
[Image: 21mdnir.jpg]
06-16-2009, 07:38 AM,
Re: Newbie needs help (pics)
Hi there,

Your hairloss is pretty much identical to my own - and both of us attempt to disguise it in the same way with a comb down style.

With the amount of hair you have, you could probably get a hair transplant that would look great, but then in a few years your hair may continue to receed beyond the transplanted area which would of course wouldn't look great.

I've done a fair amount of research over the last couple of years into hairloss patterns and hair transplantation ect, and one thing that is important is that the sides/temples have to match what is on top - if you just buy a 'topper' hairpiece it won't look right if it doesn't match the amount of recession at the sides/temples.

What I am looking into is the possibility of getting a hair transplant at the front/temples/sides, and then wear a hairpiece behind that when/if my hairloss continues further. Since the most difficult parts of a hairpiece to get right are the front/hairline, this would seem like the perfect solution, but I have yet to hear of anyone actually doing this so there must of course be some sort of flaw in my thinking!
06-16-2009, 08:00 AM,
your sides look quite thin a receded, but that might just be the cut! Have you thought about growing your hair out an opting for two small pieces at the hairline. This is what I do with what I think is success. Best of luck
06-16-2009, 08:09 AM,
Well my usual hair cut is a short back and sides which is a No.2 trimmer but my temple area is receding as well. I don't know if I like the idea of two little partial pieces. That seems like hard work, also the centre area is starting to thin now as well so it may not match too well. Does anyone think a partial piece would work at the front or is that a no go?
06-16-2009, 08:37 AM,
hey how are you, i think a partial would be perfect for you, iv seen some pics of patial systems on here [check out my posts] they look very realistic and blend very well with your natural hair, my hairloss would also be minor , im currently considering either a partial system or a transplant , im thinking maybe hair transplant first and if my hair continues to thin, i will go with a system, but id definately recommend a partial your hair still looks very thick behind the hairline and this would make it easier to blend with the system, check out the pics on here im sure you will be very impressed,
06-16-2009, 08:52 AM,
thanks for the reply, I did check out your post history and the pics look great. Regarding cutting in my system, would this be something I could do myself with some thinning scissors and a blending comb or would I need to get a professional to do it. Its just I live in the UK and wouldn't have a clue where to start looking for a hair stylist that has cut in hair systems before?
06-16-2009, 09:13 AM,
hey no problem , there is a couple of stylists from the uk that are recommended on here that are very experienced in cutting in systems, im sorry i cant remember their names .you could also do it yourself ,i think cutting in a partial wouldnt be as complicated as cutting in a topper or full cap, alot of guys on here cut in toppers and full caps, so id say a partial be quite easy to do yourself, im pretty new to this myself, i have been recommended to get a dvd by a guy called michigan baldy it is very informative and goes through everything from making a template to attaching and removing the system plus tons of other info, if you would rather go with the stylist just post to look for a stylist based in the uk,
06-16-2009, 09:15 AM,
sorry forgot to mention that guy michigan baldy has some vids up on youtube , should check them out ,
06-16-2009, 09:20 AM,
Hey, i'm just starting out too - if you need a stylist, check out Jo from Forever Hair (type it into google). She is based in London and is very experienced at cutting in hair systems. I get fitted in next month (hopefully) and really can't wait. Losing my hair in my twenties has made me so depressed words can't describe it.... Good luck!!!!
06-16-2009, 10:25 AM,
HI there
congrats on taking the plunge,. i actually think your sides are quite good, a partial will work great

Dragon

ps. i used to be 'sester'