Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
horrible clean up/attachment experience
06-21-2009, 07:53 AM,
horrible clean up/attachment experience
Last attachment was amazing i didnt even spray lace release when i was attaching and i did it so perfectly even with all my damn hair in the way of the base which makes attachment so much harder. Even the clean up i didnt even have to leave it soaking in alcohol for too long.

BUT

This time i gave it time to soak and more time when i thought it needed more then MORE. And the tape was being so stubborn to the point i just thought Fu*k this especially because of time constraints and ended up pulling alot of hairs out when i tried cleaning the tape off which sucked majorly. Because i dont want to commit GBH on my hairpiece because i want it to last for aslong as possible.i dont get what i did wrong everything i did before worked great before. Tape application was super easy then attachment i didnt want to use lace release as reallignment spray because imo i didnt do it last time and i got zero side lift where as if i use the spray i get lift in a few days. And yeah i ended up putting on a crap attachment because of the rush so i just ripped it off my head stuck it back on put some glue and just stuck on a hat. (i like to have my hair at the front hanging down hats and stuff not because im afraid of wearing just im a hat person). And then i went off to play some bball with some mates. Luckily it was raining and it wasnt scorching heat to the point i would have to take my hat off and have people look at my dodgy attachment lol.

Anyway if you read this much i need to ask about soaking your hair to get the damn tape off whats the maximum time you spent on clearing tape off (i also hate the hair that gets stuck on the tape like during attachment, i try and use random clips but i cant stop every hair) i gave it Alot of time and i really look after my hair i HATE to watch it being ripped out by tape being an ass. The attachment was my fault for rushing so thats cool. but that clean up today made me want to rip my hair up seriously what a burden when you're short on time. Do not ever do a removal and clean up unless its at night lol.
06-21-2009, 04:54 PM,
Re: horrible clean up/attachment experience
The only thing you could do is clip up as much hair as possible away from the edges where the tape is attaching the piece, then use an orange(citrus) based hand cleaner like permatex fast orange hand cleaner. spray some of that only on the tape and lace or rub in on (apply it with a brush) being careful not to get it on the hair.

I found this method really helps...then clean the rest of the remaining residue with pure alcohol...rinse it out and let it dry.
Taking your time is essential (thats why swapping one out with the other fresh piece is really a must when you are in a rush).
06-21-2009, 10:03 PM,
Thank you phoniex ! I do have a second hairpiece which hasnt been cut in but i'm looking to preety much change my hairstyle with ever new hair piece. but i will try what you said.
06-22-2009, 03:11 AM,
danger!!89 Wrote:Thank you phoniex ! I do have a second hairpiece which hasnt been cut in but i'm looking to preety much change my hairstyle with ever new hair piece. but i will try what you said.

Of course you'll get better with time using any style...

But, if you have a short cut around your sides and back the amount of hair hanging past the edges of the piece will be much less, and getting it stuck underneath during attachment will be a lot less of a problem.
06-22-2009, 03:32 AM,
ah i know tapehead but one of the things about wearing was i could finally get the longer hairstyle i could never get before. I suppose a win win situation doesn't exist unfortunately !