Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
sunscreen
06-21-2009, 11:12 AM,
sunscreen
i use blue max serum (which is great) and know that it has sunscreen. my problem is i don't wash my hair that often and keep my hair in place using hairspray ( alcohol-free from Sallys). for me, applying blue max, other than when i do the attachment, is not an option. i know sunscreen properties do not last. my question is would it be ok to SPRAY on Coppertone Water Babies 50 spf spray on a daily or at least regular basis. would it damage hair at all. would it somehow contribute to color fade. thanks.
06-25-2009, 08:06 AM,
Re: sunscreen
Doug-

It sounds like you are asking if there is a product that contains sunscreen that can be used daily without buildup if the hair isn't washed?

The Blue Max Protective Sealer isn't going to do the hair any harm, but it might change the look and feel temporarily if it is used too often.

I have a feeling the sunscreen probably won't damage the hair (I would contact the manufacturer to confirm) but it will probably build up and make the hair look and feel funky.

I have experimented with lotions and such in the past with bad results. Even bar type shampoo that is made with all natural oils might be good for the hair, but it makes it look and feel like an oil soaked mop.

Keep an eye out for Blue Max updates. I have some great ideas for phase 2 that might include something that would serve this very purpose.