Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Calling All Tapers to Explain Their Routine
06-22-2009, 04:09 PM,
Re: Calling All Tapers to Explain Their Routine
1. Attachment method

I attach the tape all the way around, to the lace. I start at the front with an A curve, then cut some C curve pieces to fit, working to the back.

Then I do a quick alcohol spray to give me some adjustment time before it sticks. Then I start at the front, line up, and start pressing down, working towards the back. I press down real hard with my fingers to get a good hold.

2. Release method

I spray the 99% alcohol, let is soak for a minute or so, then lift at the front, being very careful not to pull too many hairs through the underside. I don't use desolvit or anything like that on the unit itself. If you're careful, you can get the whole unit off and the tape is on your head, then you can use desolvit to remove it and clean any residue.

3. I go for a week, and I get a good hold for the week. I use the walker, and it holds really well for me, and there's no real shine. One trick is to lightly tap (with absolutely clean fingers, maybe spray some alcohol on your fingertips first) to dull any shine.

Messages In This Thread
Re: Calling All Tapers to Explain Their Routine - mattdogg - 06-22-2009, 04:09 PM