Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Calling All Tapers to Explain Their Routine
06-22-2009, 01:39 PM,
Calling All Tapers to Explain Their Routine
Tapers:

For you guys who use all-tape, no glue, especially the ones who use tape on lace all around, please
weigh in with your complete method for us gluers. I've been using glue for years but the Walkers
has a fairly naturday hairline and the shine is minimal, especially after a day.

Please tell us:

1) attachment method:

do you apply the tape to the lace all around first, the scalp first, some combination ?

after tape is applied to either scalp or lace, do you adhere the lace to the front first, the back
first ?

do you use any alcohol to help with placement, or are you just careful about how you place the piece down

2) release method:
looks to me like most are spraying some desolvit or 99% alcohol thru the piece, waiting a few minutes and then
lifting the piece.

does the tape stay on your scalp, or come up with the piece ?

I know some people lift the piece with tape on it, soak in desolvit/99% and then peel the tape off the piece

which do you do ?

3) how long do you go with tape and which do you use ?

Thank you tapers!

- AG
06-22-2009, 04:09 PM,
Re: Calling All Tapers to Explain Their Routine
1. Attachment method

I attach the tape all the way around, to the lace. I start at the front with an A curve, then cut some C curve pieces to fit, working to the back.

Then I do a quick alcohol spray to give me some adjustment time before it sticks. Then I start at the front, line up, and start pressing down, working towards the back. I press down real hard with my fingers to get a good hold.

2. Release method

I spray the 99% alcohol, let is soak for a minute or so, then lift at the front, being very careful not to pull too many hairs through the underside. I don't use desolvit or anything like that on the unit itself. If you're careful, you can get the whole unit off and the tape is on your head, then you can use desolvit to remove it and clean any residue.

3. I go for a week, and I get a good hold for the week. I use the walker, and it holds really well for me, and there's no real shine. One trick is to lightly tap (with absolutely clean fingers, maybe spray some alcohol on your fingertips first) to dull any shine.
06-22-2009, 08:29 PM,
Hello

1) attachment method:

I apply the tape to the scalp first and I adhere the lace to the front first.

In front I put 2 pieces of C that partially overlap to create a big CC curve, for each piece I gently pass my finger over to decrease shine, then put 2 C pieces for sides and 1 A + 2 C pieces for the back.

I put water over the tape to help with placement (especially in the front).

2) release method:

I spray 95% ethyl alcohol (here in Italy I can find only this kind, anyway it works), wait some time for it to spread over the tape and then begin to gently pull the front, holding as many hair as possible.

The tape stays on my scalp.

3) how long do you go with tape and which do you use ?

I go for 2-3 days. The tape would hold for more days but it would become messy to remove. After 2 days I can peel it off from scalp very quickly.

I use Blue Lace but I am also trying Walker No Shine. Blue Lace seems stronger but in my case it is better to remove it after 2 days, with Walker No Shine I can get also 3 days without being messy to remove.

Hope it helps Smile
06-23-2009, 04:23 AM,
1. Attachment Method.
Lay system hair side down on styro head Front facing me.
Place profex tab or supertape tabs from temple back. Just far enough from the front so Walker CC contour can overlap a bit.
Do the same at the back.
I dab some skin protector on my head all the way around.
Spray my track on head and tape on unit with adjustabond.
Start at the front and place behind my own frontal hair making sure I do not wrinkle the front.
Press down all around and wait a few minutes before brushing to make sure it has stuck.
I am good for 3 weeks.

2. Dettachment.
Dab a cotton ball with 91% alchohol and start at front and work my way around, just keep dabbing through hairside being careful not to let
it drip in eyes, stings a bit. Wait usually less than 1 minute.
Grab fairly large amount of hair and start to lift, either front or back.
If the sytem comes up with tape on head great, if not I just dab cotton ball and go under system. Usually come right off then.
Then I just peel tape off head or unit. Comes off like a rubber band.
If any residue I just dab with 91%.

Shampoo and clean underside of lace with a drop of Dawn dish soap. Perhaps this is why I get a good hold.

I use to use Adhesive remover but found it messy and I had to really clean the lace to get a good tape hold. With alchohol I have nothing on the lace to prevent the tape from sticking.

Total time from in the shower to hair styled 35 minutes.
06-23-2009, 11:14 AM,
I apply the tape all around the perimeter. I do not take the tape backings completely off, but just start them on each piece, but leave the backing in tact. i start it so that when i need to remove the backing it is easier. Then i take the tape backing off the piece of tape on the very back center of the unit. i place the unit on my head and line it up where i want it to go. and tack down the very back piece. Then i look in the mirror flip the system up and detatch the tape backings in consecutive sections, Pick up. remove the next sections of tape, tack down and repeat till i get to the very front hairline. Then i just attach that part.
06-23-2009, 10:01 PM,
I used to use ST-30, but I've run out Sad so I'm using blue lace/walker contours and cut them down to size. Attach all around the perimeter, peel them off. Mark my sides with light line using a eye liner(the line isn't so long...its just so that I can stretch the piece to line up with my side burns). And then wack the partial on Big Grin wearing a comb down style has been great as I don't have to worry about the hairline.