Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My two biggest concerns
06-27-2009, 10:06 PM,
My two biggest concerns
I do really want to get a hair system but I have 2 main concerns.

1) I keep having a horrible thought in my head of the first day wearing my system and going in to work and everyone just starting to laugh and snigger. How did you deal with seeing friends co-workers for the first time with a system? I would only be getting a partial piece at the front so I am not going from completely bald to having hair but still I would hate if they noticed.

2) Having to tell my parents that this is something I am going to do. How do you even start that conversation? I am 23 and live at home with parents because its cheap and I am poor so I think it would be fairly obvious when I first get a system?? Currently if its not windy or raining and if I have used thickening shampoo etc then I probably don't even look like I am going bald, so I hope that maybe no one would notice any different?

I am thinking that maybe I should get my system done with a different hair style than I have now, then I can put any change down to the hair style change. I have always had my hair brushed forward to hide my receding hairline so have never had my hair sticking up at the front so maybe this is an option.
06-28-2009, 02:43 AM,
Re: My two biggest concerns
No mate get it done and go with the same style, A new style will bring attention to your hair and thats what you said you dont want.

Once you are comfortable wearing hair you can start to change styles and start showing hairline,etc,etc, But reading your post I would certainly say to you keep it nice and simple until you get comfortable and confident, And belive me once you have there wont be any issue you cannot deal with.
06-28-2009, 02:58 AM,
every single person that goes through this process feels the same anxieties as you do about this.....take your time, read this forum and educate yourself as much as possible, you will gain confidence by doing this. when ready, go for it!! Get a style that closely suits the style you have now and gradually work into something more trendy if you want. All my customers have been a bit anxious about the first day of work etc, talk to Carsten on this forum...he showed up at the UK convention just to watch and gain information and ended up taking the plunge and going to work the following Monday morning. It's definitely a nerve wracking moment ....but in the end, you'll wish you did it sooner!!
DebbieS
<!-- w --><a class="postlink" href="http://WWW.SPLITENDSHAIRREPLACEMENT.COM">WWW.SPLITENDSHAIRREPLACEMENT.COM</a><!-- w -->
06-28-2009, 11:42 AM,
i had the same worries, for about a month before i got a system i started wearing my glasses and grew a beard, then on cut in day i shaved and went back to wearing my contacts so after my 2 days off of not seeing me and returning to work looking differnt people kept telling me how much better i look without glasses and facial hair. you'd be surprised to how little people really pay attention to how you look from day to day. i've had full goatees and gone clean shaven before and people will tell me they know something is different but they can't figure out what it is or don't even act like they know i shaved. same with hairstyles.
06-28-2009, 04:11 PM,
Indyguy88 Wrote:i had the same worries, for about a month before i got a system i started wearing my glasses and grew a beard, then on cut in day i shaved and went back to wearing my contacts so after my 2 days off of not seeing me and returning to work looking differnt people kept telling me how much better i look without glasses and facial hair. you'd be surprised to how little people really pay attention to how you look from day to day. i've had full goatees and gone clean shaven before and people will tell me they know something is different but they can't figure out what it is or don't even act like they know i shaved. same with hairstyles.

Yes mate I agree what you done is a very good idea and some very good diversion tactics there. New to be wearers take note you also may want to do what this fella did, Thanks for posting mate.
06-28-2009, 05:33 PM,
When the prison guard gave me my first Toplace unit I had the same thoughts.What if they laugh at me?
They laugh at me in the shower so any extra laughing would be tough on me.
It worked out great,they even gave me a nickname"Topper".
The only problem I have is when I ask the guard for some Ultra Hold,he thinks I want some company.
06-30-2009, 01:45 PM,
Indyguy88 Wrote:i had the same worries, for about a month before i got a system i started wearing my glasses and grew a beard, then on cut in day i shaved and went back to wearing my contacts so after my 2 days off of not seeing me and returning to work looking differnt people kept telling me how much better i look without glasses and facial hair. you'd be surprised to how little people really pay attention to how you look from day to day. i've had full goatees and gone clean shaven before and people will tell me they know something is different but they can't figure out what it is or don't even act like they know i shaved. same with hairstyles.
This is what I did and what I have experienced. No more to add.
07-01-2009, 12:46 AM,
One can argue that not making a big change in you hairstyle is the best way to go so as not to attract attention. On the other hand, if you got a cool trendy new style showing some hairline, etc. that might be just the misdirection you need to explain the "change". Then everyone will just be admiring your new look!