Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Who here has tried Propecia?
06-29-2009, 08:21 AM,
Who here has tried Propecia?
I'm toying with the idea of going on propecia - but I've read some horror stories about it online.

Who here has tried it, and what was your experience of it?
06-29-2009, 12:19 PM,
Re: Who here has tried Propecia?
I had fantastic results when I started taking propecia 11 years ago. I had none of the side affects, and my thinning hair stopped in its tracks. I was the perfect age at the time (28) as my hairloss was in the minor thinning phase. Propecia certainly prevented further loss/thinning. Fast forward to today, and Propecia is just not as effective as it was before. A few years ago I started getting diffused thinning at the crown and hairline. I still have satisfactory coverage in those areas, but I don't have the same density as before. There have been no long term studies on Propecia, so I'm thinking at some point genetics take over and the hair loss resumes. I'm still currently taking Procepia, as I believe it is at least keeping the hairloss at a slower pace.
06-29-2009, 12:40 PM,
Made me limp....no lie.
06-29-2009, 08:25 PM,
i have been on finpecia (gen prop) for a little over twelve months had all the usual issues eg: sheding, hair got worse before better. Im not sure I have regained any hair but its certainly slowed down the loss. So far I havent developed 38dd's, everything is good downstairs I have even managed to have a baby in the process (with my wife of course). Some people complain of light headedness and confusion but Ive always been like that so wouldnt know the difference. My advice is to give it a go and see how you react, I cnat see as you have much else to lose (apart from hair) plus to pull of a good topper you need to maintain your side hair to (unless you fo full cap)

Good luck and all the above is just my opinion and I ant no doctor! Wink
06-30-2009, 03:43 AM,
i started at 26 , alwys had testicle pain but lived with it... thats what people in the forum said
at the 12 months mark, I see a serious regrowth the coverage is back, i posted a success story

14 months into propecia, i start to shed massively again, for some reason propecia is not effective anymore
in fact, i start having side effect at the same time... this is TOO SCARY
then i read about permanent side effect on some forum and start freaking out
no way i will risk my penis and manhood for hair.. none of us should

so I stopped, bald spot start increasing in a fast pace... and i joined men's hair club... very dissatisife
lucky i found toplace and this saved my days, but not without a lot of frustration (as with all newbies)

my brother is 2 yrs younger than me, he is going to do a hair transplant this saturday, i wish him very best of it
06-30-2009, 08:41 AM,
testicle pain? lmfao the things people do for hair aye. That sounds brutal !
06-30-2009, 09:27 PM,
danger!!89 Wrote:testicle pain? lmfao the things people do for hair aye. That sounds brutal !

You also do sth for your hair.Do other people say "look at this guy he is wearing rug for hiding hair loss"?
07-01-2009, 01:45 AM,
I did Minox for a couple of years, but propecia is just going too far imho.

They certainly do help, but the cons outweigh the pros for me. And with a good hairsystem you really don't need them. Use a little concealer if your sides are really bad, but you'll be fine.
07-01-2009, 10:12 AM,
I wonder if propecia could have positive health effects. lowering your testosterone when it is too high might be good for your health. Who knows. I really think the reason we go bald has to do with some kind of hormonal imbalance. I think we are just too manly and have too much testosterone in us. I wonder if the old adage is true, that if you masturbate too much, you lose your hair. all those old sayings that we scoff and laugh at now, are starting to become more true as science catches up.
07-01-2009, 03:13 PM,
Lowering your testosterone cannot be good at all, its the conversion to DHT and aromatization which is the problem, if you start lowering your test levels by ingesting estrogen enhancing chemicals you're gonna mess up your hormonal makeup.
Testosterone is the hormone that makes you feel really good, keep the levels high I say if you're a man , actually women really need test levels in order to feel good also. IMO using propecia or any other drug that manipulates your hormonal levels can only lead to potential problems in the long run.

It's up to you but I'D stay away from the stuff, go with a Toplace hairpiece any day instead