Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Newbie looking for help
06-29-2009, 08:38 PM,
Newbie looking for help
hi everyone

let me just quickly introduce myself. I am 25 years old and i currently live in germany. i started loosing hair when i was about 22 years old. and just as michael jordan used to say "a bald head is always better than a balding head" i shave my head on a daily basis. basically i am pretty fine with it and people say it suits me well (i have a darker southern european skin type). but still, i more and more catch myself checking out other guys hairstyles and somehow i feel that i really wanna go back to the old days, when i still had a fresh haircut. i am really happy that i have found this forum. going through all these topics and threads has really given me strenght and confidence to finally go for it. you guys are really great, helping each other and always being friendly, not beating around the bush and so forth.

so let me get to the point. the attached picture shows how i would like my hair to look like. it's pretty much the same style i used to have a couple of years ago. based on my research in this forum i would assume the following:

french lace (TL200/TL250?)
freestyle
density 70%
straight (no wave)
my hair color is dark brown, almost black.

what do you guys think? i appreciate your help and support!

thanks a lot!
jay

by the way, i want to go for a fullcap.

[attachment=0]

Attached Files Image(s)

06-30-2009, 12:41 AM,
Re: Newbie looking for help
Yes jay thats more than do-able especially with your specifications. Though on a personal note i would recommend freestyle instead of straight. I'm not 100 percent sure what straight is like but with freestyle its really just like my own hair and i have a new hairstyle everyday. Being bald is fine it makes you look tough but with hair you look like theres something more about you and the nights aren't as cold on your scalp lol. Goodluck !
06-30-2009, 06:21 AM,
Do you have any of you own hair left mate ? We can better advise you once we know.
06-30-2009, 06:42 AM,
thanks for the responses so far.

i've got some hair left on the sides and in the back. but actually my temples have completely disappeared over the time. not really lookin' that good if you know what i mean ;-) that's why i shave daily and this is also why i tend to go for a fullcap...

what do you think?
07-01-2009, 01:07 AM,
I think that if you are specific in your information regarding the look you want to achieve, do a good job creating a template and communicate clearly with BA, you will have exactly what you want.

I don't post on the forum that much these days and I should point out the reason why: BA helped me get my hair back. At this point, it is pretty much exactly as it was before I started balding in my 20s. Same color, same texture, same everything.
Now, I almost don't even think about it: attach, wear for a week, remove, clean, attach. It's such a normal part of my head and my look that I don't give it a lot of thought anymore--and I guess that's the point.

Was the process an instant one? No. I went through a handful of different looks and styles and it took me a while to nail an exact color match, though all of those previous pieces looked pretty damn good on me and no one would suspect a thing. There was a learning curve on my part, and I found what worked best for me, for my own personal body chemistry (like I shouldn't wear tape in the summer, but it is fine for me in the cooler seasons).

Thanks to BA's great work establishing this company and this site, and his working partnership with Debbie, I'm now a bald guy with a solution. That's the hardest part about going bald, especially when it happens to you when you are young. There seems to be lots of information swirling around from hair replacement companies, surgical options, snake oil salesmen and others. Most of it is a pack of lies. Finding a real solution can be difficult for many and impossible for others.

BA peddles the truth. And he can really help you.

If you want your hair back and you are willing to learn (this forum is packed with great information), you should a) order two Toplace units; b) send them to Debbie for cut ins; and c) work with them, expecting good results in a matter of days, total undetectability in a matter of weeks and forgetting completely about it as it becomes a daily part of your routine (like brushing your teeth or shaving) after about a year. Take some notes as you move along and learn from them.

One thing I learned is that hair pieces are like jeans: a little stiff and new when you first get them, perfect after you break them in from wearing and in neeed of replacement just before they start getting holes in the knees.

Good luck!
07-02-2009, 06:48 AM,
thanks for the motivation speech mate Smile

it's really important to have people around you or at least to know people that are going through the same thing, to share experience, motivation and so on. i am really looking forward to getting my first hairpiece now.

however, it would really be great if some of you experts could verify my specs i listed in the first post and give me some further information. i would just not feel right placing an order without being sure what i am ordering is actually the right thing for me, you know?

thanks so far...and take it easy guys.

jay
07-03-2009, 01:54 AM,
I'm guessing freestyle, forward from the crown and 80 percent density. You'd need an expert cut-in, like those offered by Debbie in person or via the mail. To achieve the spikey look, run your fingers through it with some no-alcohol gel when it's still damp and maybe hit it for 10 seconds with a blow dryer on a cool setting.