Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
swimming
06-30-2009, 02:22 AM,
swimming
I have only been wearing a short time so would appreciate your advice. After coming out of the shower or the pool, the hair simply sticks to my head like a dead animal. It is really matted down and looks so strange until I actually comb it out. Is this normal or is there something I can do to make it look more natural. This is especially true after coming out of the pool. Or, is this due to a density issue? Thanks
06-30-2009, 03:08 AM,
Re: swimming
Sounds like a density and texture issue, then again don't worry too much about it coz many people with real hair have the same (problem?)look too Smile
07-01-2009, 05:53 PM,
thanks for the reply. i currently have a stock thinned out but am now waiting on a custom with a lower density. hope this will help
07-11-2009, 07:18 PM,
On a similar topic, how exactly do you go about swimming with a piece? Id like to swim but I have never been game enough to try it out of fear it will come off. I know ultra hold and st30 and walker no shine stick amazingly well but Im still to pussy to try it.
07-12-2009, 02:34 AM,
anubi5 Wrote:On a similar topic, how exactly do you go about swimming with a piece? Id like to swim but I have never been game enough to try it out of fear it will come off. I know ultra hold and st30 and walker no shine stick amazingly well but Im still to pussy to try it.

why dont you fill up your bath and swish your head around and see if it holds mate?
07-12-2009, 03:06 PM,
dale1389 Wrote:
anubi5 Wrote:On a similar topic, how exactly do you go about swimming with a piece? Id like to swim but I have never been game enough to try it out of fear it will come off. I know ultra hold and st30 and walker no shine stick amazingly well but Im still to pussy to try it.

why dont you fill up your bath and swish your head around and see if it holds mate?

lol but thats a bit different... pools have chlorine or salt in them that could weaken the bond and in a pool ur head is under longer.... So no one has had a problem with it coming off?
07-14-2009, 04:16 AM,
i use blue lace and it works fine. basically, i can go about 4 days before any lifting of the tape. In fact, it is never the front, but the sides and back that starts to lift. anyway, as long as you don't have any lifting, it shouldn't be a big problem.
07-14-2009, 07:10 AM,
Is the chlorine bad for the hair, I mean in times of making the color fade etc...?
07-14-2009, 08:33 AM,
Buy a silicone swim cap. Your hair will stay dry. Should eliminate all the problems with matting, chlorine, etc.

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.swim2000.com/page.php?p=silicone-swim-caps">http://www.swim2000.com/page.php?p=silicone-swim-caps</a><!-- m -->