Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Learning to cut your own hair!
03-28-2020, 11:43 PM,
Learning to cut your own hair!
Hey guys
So it looks like we are going to have to cut our own hair and pieces in for the time being any tips welcome? Been watching you tube all week to get some tips from what scissors to use to blend so you don't see a hard line. I am keen on trying the blending with a razor comb any tips? Good thing with all this isolation i have at least 12 weeks to try it all out. wish me luck hope you guys are coping well.
03-30-2020, 05:54 AM,
RE: Learning to cut your own hair!
I’ve been cutting my own hair for the past 40 years. I was cutting my own hair before I even started losing it. Went to the barber one day and there was a note on his door saying he was on vacation for the next three weeks. I was wearing my hair longer at that time and wouldn’t let anyone but him cut my hair so I decided to try cutting it myself. Went to the drugstore and bought a neck mirror that had a collar so I could see the back of my head. Cutting my hair is easy because I remove my system daily and all I have to do is trim around the ends. I wear a 3/4 cap with built in sides/temple points so all I have to do is trim the length in the back of my head. I just need is a pair of scissors and a neck mirror. When I was wearing my hair short before I started wearing hair, the sides and back of my head would’ve been difficult to cut myself. My barber used shaving cream around my ears and neck line to outline that area with a razor. No way could I have done that on my own without losing an ear or cutting myself but a longer hair style is simple to cut on my own at least for me. I did try a flobee once but it didn’t work well for me. I suggest checking out YouTube I’m sure they have videos giving tips on how to cut your own hair.
04-10-2020, 08:02 PM,
You have to be very careful with the razor comb; I ruined a piece with one. Invest in a good set of thinning shears on ebay; make sure they have a lot of teeth.
07-25-2020, 12:02 AM,
What I've always wondered about is when you wear a larger piece how do you ever around people asking about cutting your hair? Surely the subject would come up now and again?

Maybe i'm reading into it a bit too much but if I knew someone who's hair never changed length I would notice.

I only wear a very small piece so 95%+ is my own hair that I cut myself, so sometimes its long sometimes short.

Just wondering...thanks.