Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
intense itching
07-02-2009, 08:05 AM,
Re: intense itching
entire scalp, weird though i didnt unattach last night and now its not itching as much. But this is the second tape in a row with itching issues so im thinking it might be something else or maybe i was unlucky with these two tapes im not sure? Well id love to use a weaker tape if i was to unattach more often but doesnt that mean way less security. I know someone who attaches daily and their piece came off during surfing lol. Anyway thanks for replies
07-02-2009, 08:56 AM,
Wow their piece came off whilst surfing!? That would be totally embarrassing, especially as my hairloss isn't the standard male pattern baldness...I would look very weird!
07-02-2009, 02:06 PM,
This may seem silly to point out but it is an absolutely essential prior step before attaching and handling your tapes and glues.

Wash your hands thoroughly with soap and water.

Clean hands equal clean tapes and glues which equal less likely hood of bacterial growth on your scalp due to germ transfer, i know this has helped many keep the itchiness and infections /rashes away.

Hope that helps Wink
07-02-2009, 05:14 PM,
When I take my system off, and I go to wash my shaved head (once weekly) I do it at night. I wash, then scrub my face/scalp with St. Ive's Apricot Scrub. It's an exfoliating scrub. THEN before bed I put face cream (pond's) mixed with jojoba oil all over my face/scalp.

I rest this overnight,and allow the jojoba oil (which is like human sebum) to nourish and refresh the area. I reattach first thing the next morning.

Remember jojoba oil is not actually an oil, so it does not negatively effect the attachment.

Anyway, you might want to try it, it has really helped me Smile
07-03-2009, 01:44 AM,
danger!!89 wrote:
Quote:<snip>
Well id love to use a weaker tape if i was to unattach more often but doesnt that mean way less security. I know someone who attaches daily and their piece came off during surfing lol. Anyway thanks for replies

Come on now....
People have to use some common sense, or maybe a lot of people have long ago lost it.
If you are wearing with a daily (less strong) attachment and you are going to do something
strenuous (for the hair) then use a strong attachment method for that day.
Geezzzz people this is simple.
I don't feel sorry for that bloke at all.
That's simple not thinking.
Maybe too many years of alcohol consumption killed too many of his brain cells Wink

Smile
Fred
07-03-2009, 01:59 AM,
actually it was a girl she was 15 at the time aswell lol. No one cared though out of love so it was all good.

Forex dude i shower before attachments, like washing away any hairs left on from shaving on my scalp and wash my scalp thoroughly with stuff. though what you said is a preety important highlight thats for sure. I unattached last night and where the tape is suppose to be has left my skin all red and stuff i remember thats how jrobs scalp was when he unattached infront of us at uk convention. I wouldnt say it hurts but it doesnt feel pleasant thats for sure.
07-03-2009, 05:07 AM,
danger!!89 wrote:

Quote:like washing away any hairs left on from shaving on my scalp

Ah ha. We may have a clue why your whole scalp itches.
Shaving can and does irritate the skin on a lot of people.
The scalp which can sweat a lot and isn't cleaned daily perhaps can
make it worse.
Try not shaving your scalp and instead get a set of electric clippers
and just buzz the top as short as the clippers will allow.
The set that I have will basically get it about as close as shaving
without all the irritation.

Smile
Fred
07-03-2009, 06:34 AM,
lol i hope you're right ill start trimming from now on.
07-03-2009, 02:57 PM,
I agree with others, I don't think it's the system itself. I think it is either:

contact dermatitis~ if the itching is centered around where the glue/tape is.

the shaving ~ if the itch is all over, it is probably where you are agrivating your skin by shaving it, and then it seems to grow progressively worse as the sweat 'sets' on it, and further irritates it

heat ~ If you are using a cap or something too much it may be holding the heat in too long and simply giving you a heat rash of sorts

Hope it all works out for you soon!