Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
intense itching
07-01-2009, 09:46 AM,
intense itching
Its soo hot and im doing so much more sports these days and i sweat very profusely now. I really dont want to unattach every 2-3 days because the whole clean up/ attachment process is so long and annoying. I tried washing my hair with piece on but, it feels like the itching wont go away unless i reattach but like i said its long enough for me not want to for atleast a week. Anything i can do to make the itching more bearable?
07-01-2009, 10:02 AM,
Re: intense itching
1- Make sure the hair underneath the piece, is shaved or trimmed. Do people here shave with a razor or buzz down? I personally just use a razor.

2-What tapes/glue are you using now?

When I get an itch I use the teeth from a comb and just press into the piece. I don't get itchyness so much nowadays, but I need to experiment with antiperspirants or I will try a bit of hairspray on the scalp before I attach.
07-01-2009, 10:03 AM,
1- Make sure the hair underneath the piece, is shaved or trimmed. Do people here shave with a razor or buzz down? I personally just use a razor.

2-What tapes/glue are you using now?

When I get an itch I use the teeth from a comb and just press into the piece. I don't get itchyness so much nowadays, but I need to experiment with antiperspirants or I will try a bit of hairspray on the scalp before I attach.
07-01-2009, 10:39 AM,
yes mate i attached saturday morning and i shaved before i attached. And i'm using walker no shine all over. Supertape made me itch no matter what but that was before this.
07-01-2009, 01:58 PM,
It is usually a sign of micro bacterial buildup, I suggest you start using an anti bacterial scrub at least once a week after detaching. everybody's hygiene is different and allergic reactions can also be lessened by implementing a good scrub into your regime.
07-01-2009, 02:15 PM,
hey mate

Thanks for the advice but i already do that i feel like i'm under no choice but to detach asap but that just completely puts me off wearing all together the whole detaching after a couple days.
07-01-2009, 02:35 PM,
You might have to go to the pharmacist and get one of those anti itch creams, i have no idea though if in using that medication whether or not it could interfere with the glue/tape adhesion.
I detach after 3 days but its because i also play a lot of sport and just love a good head scrub and shampoo to feel totally clean as i can't stand the feeling of accumulated sweat on my scalp, but that's just me.

Hope you can find a way to cure the itchy scalp.
07-01-2009, 03:54 PM,
i think i might have to start unattaching more often because i cant think of what else that will make the itching stop. Is it a good idea to use weaker tapes when unattaching frequently or will that just make the attachment more dodgy during sports?
07-02-2009, 02:48 AM,
ferox wrote:
Quote:It is usually a sign of micro bacterial buildup, I suggest you start using an anti bacterial scrub at least once a week after detaching. everybody's hygiene is different and allergic reactions can also be lessened by implementing a good scrub into your regime.

No real need to use an anti-bacterial scrub. Plain 'ole soap works just as well. If the anti-bacterial scrub isn't more expensive than use it, otherwise don't waste your money.
There has been so much written about anti-bacterial soaps and scrubs since this latest flu outbreak that by now I would have expected/suspected that most people should know that plain soap is every bit as good as any of the anti-bacterial soaps.
Interestingly enough, one of them was just (recently) pulled from the market because it actually encouraged bacterial growth !

Smile
FredTJ
07-02-2009, 02:54 AM,
danger!!89 wrote:
Quote:<snip>. I really dont want to unattach every 2-3 days because the whole clean up/ attachment process is so long and annoying.
<SNIP>

If you are going to remove, clean and reattach every few days I would recommend a tape/glue that's not too strong. Try the 3M (not 3 Mil) tape or the red-liner tape and if you use glue try Basebond.
Heck for over 20 years I removed each night and re-attached each morning and I was using both of those tapes that I already mentioned. I used the red-liner if I was going to be working out that day.
If you use a weaker tape than perhaps you are using now, there will be no cleanup issues with it and if you use something lile Basebond, cleanup is, literally, just a couple of minutes.
BTW, are you itching over your entire scalp or just where the tape/glue is ?

Smile
FredTJ