Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Nothing on your face is perfectly symmetrical
03-13-2010, 05:15 AM,
Nothing on your face is perfectly symmetrical
And that goes for everything on your body. Arms and legs are slightly different lengths, sides of the face vary. Ears are different and so are your eyes. Ditto the corners of your mouth. And so the symmetry of your hairline is not the same either. It may be at an angle. Or one side recedes more than the other. But not everyone studies the symmetry of your face. It's just normal to accept people as not being non-symmetrical. And so your hair line is not symmetrical either. I'll dig up a photo of a template that I received recently that definitely is not symmetrical just to show you an extreme example.
Regards,
John
03-13-2010, 05:40 AM,
Re: Nothing on your face is perfectly symmetrical (photo)
This is true,it took me a long time to understand this.
03-16-2010, 03:45 PM,
Re: Nothing on your face is perfectly symmetrical
My current full cap mohawk always ends up with the hairline a little to the left. I always get frustrated, but as soon as it goes on it looks great anyway. It doesn't necessarily have to be "perfect" to look real!
03-19-2010, 05:47 AM,
Re: Nothing on your face is perfectly symmetrical
I saw a documentry on tv regarding attractiveness. Although symmetrical faces were tended to be favored as more beautiful (at least in western society). It doesn't mean that a perfectly symmetrical face is physical perfection.

If you make a face perfectly symetical hoiztontally it isn't attractive. Photos were shown to demonstrate this. Perfect symetry looks freaky. Probably because noone's face is perfectly symmetrical.

Just thought I would add that to reinforce what John said.

That's great news for us. Because it is almost impossible to:

1) Cut the lace on the front hair line symmetrically.
2) Line hairline up perfectly (although i'd like to think I do a good job)

So get it as close being symetrical as you can and any imperfections you have will look natural. Big Grin