Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
how are you getting 5+ months out of a piece?
03-23-2018, 03:55 AM,
how are you getting 5+ months out of a piece?
I don't know what I am doing wrong. I never get more than a month out of a piece. I don't wash it, and if I do I do it maybe once a month. I use spring water from the water cooler in the kitchen to wet and style it. I also use a leave in conditioner made just for human hair wigs.

The only thing I can think of is the brush I use; its one of those brushes with the ball on the end of it. I just changed it to a brush made especially for pieces.

I would appreciate any tips on making the system last longer.
03-23-2018, 11:56 AM,
RE: how are you getting 5+ months out of a piece?
What actually happens to it? Does it shed, or fade, or dry out?
03-24-2018, 02:34 AM,
(03-23-2018, 11:56 AM)Baldrich Wrote: What actually happens to it? Does it shed, or fade, or dry out?
it sheds. mostly in the front
03-24-2018, 03:10 AM,
Possible causes: brushing or pulling the hair when it is wet, or removing the piece before you have fully released the adhesive with alcohol, or pulling off old tape during clean-up without soaking it long enough. Any of those sound possible?

Have you tried using knot sealer?
03-24-2018, 08:10 AM,
(03-24-2018, 03:10 AM)Baldrich Wrote: Possible causes: brushing or pulling the hair when it is wet, or removing the piece before you have fully released the adhesive with alcohol, or pulling off old tape during clean-up without soaking it long enough. Any of those sound possible?

Have you tried using knot sealer?

maybe brushing the hair when its wet. I have done that. I wont anymore though.

I have tried a knot sealer and honestly I don't see any difference. I use the acrylic knot sealer that Debbie sells
03-24-2018, 11:03 AM,
I get a year easily, however by the 6 month mark it just gets a bit stiff and the color starts fading slightly. But it really sounds like you're doing something wrong. What conditioner are you using?
03-24-2018, 11:45 PM,
(03-24-2018, 11:03 AM)Jimmyneutron Wrote: I get a year easily, however by the 6 month mark it just gets a bit stiff and the color starts fading slightly. But it really sounds like you're doing something wrong. What conditioner are you using?
I use awesome wig leave in conditioner spray
04-06-2018, 07:40 AM,
I think I found out what was wrong. I was using the wrong brush. I am now using this one with great results.

Attached Files Image(s)

04-11-2018, 03:59 AM,
I don't baby my Toplace pieces and easily get 5-6 months out of them. Color fading is the only issue but coloring at home is really easy. The past two pieces I replaced at 6 months not because I needed to, but because it just seemed like it was time.

I will say new pieces just feel and look a little "livelier" and softer. But the 6 month old pieces still looked great.
04-17-2018, 09:19 AM,
What type of unit is it , what is the density, what is your daily routine and do you take it off every night or sleep in it will help to know.