Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Help with new piece
04-27-2018, 03:25 PM,
Help with new piece
Hey all, just got my first piece installed yesterday. Really great matches color and I love the style, but I just can’t seem to get the hairline right. No matter what I do there’s a visible “line”, as attached. How would one get rid of this.

In the same vein, the stylist who dyed my piece ended up dying the knots as well so they’re super dark. Is there a way to fix this?

Ps, my skin is all cut up at the forehead from the alcohol swab Sad

Attached Files Image(s)

04-28-2018, 01:58 AM,
RE: Help with new piece
I can't see any visible line, or any knots actually. It's a very very high density, but I remember discussing that with you before, and you wanted to go for that very high density male model hair, which is what you've got. I have to say it's a challenging look for a first system - all that hair density combined with a full-exposed hairline. If I were you I would consider pulling the hair forward and then curling it back with a hair dryer so that the hairline has a bit of shade.

Hair Direct have a video on bleaching knots - http://www.hairdirect.com/video/how-to/b...knots.aspx. Don't overdo it though, or you will get shedding.

Rich
04-28-2018, 06:02 AM,
(04-28-2018, 01:58 AM)Baldrich Wrote: I can't see any visible line, or any knots actually. It's a very very high density, but I remember discussing that with you before, and you wanted to go for that very high density male model hair, which is what you've got. I have to say it's a challenging look for a first system - all that hair density combined with a full-exposed hairline. If I were you I would consider pulling the hair forward and then curling it back with a hair dryer so that the hairline has a bit of shade.

Hair Direct have a video on bleaching knots - http://www.hairdirect.com/video/how-to/b...knots.aspx. Don't overdo it though, or you will get shedding.

Rich

Surprisingly enough this is a stock unit, my stylist cut back from the graduated hairline though which may be why it appears so. Is it possible to thin it out in the front?
04-28-2018, 06:55 AM,
The stylist should NEVER dye the hair and the knots--only the hair. And she should NEVER cut the front hair line as it’s graduated and staggered for realism. When she cut the front she left you with a ‘wall of hair.’ The normal graduated front should allow you to look into the hair line about a 1/4” for realism. The front can be thinned with thinning shears to some extent. But still the knots have been colored. We need to start over to make you look your best. Please contact me and we’ll get this moving.
Best,
John
[email protected]
888-986-7522
04-30-2018, 07:22 PM,
(04-27-2018, 03:25 PM)Chatmo24 Wrote: Hey all, just got my first piece installed yesterday. Really great matches color and I love the style, but I just can’t seem to get the hairline right. No matter what I do there’s a visible “line”, as attached. How would one get rid of this.

In the same vein, the stylist who dyed my piece ended up dying the knots as well so they’re super dark. Is there a way to fix this?

Ps, my skin is all cut up at the forehead from the alcohol swab Sad

Yeah, this would be a difficult problem to solve.

#1 To re-hide the knots, you'd have to rebleach them. Someone else already sent the link to the HD video. There's a couple more out there on youtube. What's important to get right is the consistency of the bleach mixture, and that you apply LITTLE pressure when brushing it on. A little bit to push it through to the base top where the knots are, but not any more where it will bleach the roots. Of course, since the hair is already so processed at this point, you will be shortening the life even more.

#2 The best way to remove density from a lace piece is to use nair on the knots. There are a couple videos on youtube to do this. You have to be very careful not to use bigger dots than you need. If it doesn't remove enough, you can always do this a second or third time.

Note that both of these steps could potential destroy the piece if you don't do it right. If you don't feel comfortable doing the stuff above, the easiest thing to do at the moment is probably to just comb forward and not show the hairline much.