Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Full lace vs Poly perimeter
03-07-2018, 05:56 AM,
Full lace vs Poly perimeter
Hi Guys,

So after my last post. Ive been advised that I should just cut the poly perimeter off and rock an ALL LACE. Now

1. wouldnt the tape shine through the lace? salon guy placed or held a piece of tape under it to show me how it shines through

2. wouldnt running water through my head hit the tape directly and weaken the bond cuz its no longer hidden underneath the poly?

3. wouldnt the tape or even say the glue seep through the lace and into the hair? 

4. now everybody says never to cut the front of the system. ofc my front being poly and too big for me id need to cut the front. ppl say not to cut because the only reason is that it removes the graduated hairline? or are there other reasons too? now suppose i consider my pre existing frontal hairline graduated (which it clearly is)... so can i cut the front as well because then i can afford to have the wall of hair sit behind my naturally graduated frontal hairline?

Thabks in advance
03-07-2018, 04:24 PM,
RE: Full lace vs Poly perimeter
1. I won't say that you never get a bit of shine off tape, but it is made pretty matte to avoid that happening. If the lighting is so strong that it is making your tape shine, it would probably also show up the poly rim too.

2. It doesn't seem to work like that. Once the adhesive has cured (afew hours after you apply it) it is water resistant, and you can wash your hair without the bond being affected.

3. This does happen, but only if you leave the tape on for too long so that it starts to deteriorate. I would sat not beyond 10 days. And you are right - this is one problem which a poly rim avoids.

4. The only reason is as not to cut off the graduated front. So if you are cutting a stock piece down, you keep the hairline intact and cut the excess off the other 3 sides. It is less important if you are wearing behind a natural hairline, but it is still worth preserving the graduated hairline.
03-20-2018, 08:00 AM,
RE: Full lace vs Poly perimeter
THANK YOU BALDRICH for a response!!