Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Been wearing stock lace units, but thinking about switching to skin...
01-19-2018, 10:18 AM,
Been wearing stock lace units, but thinking about switching to skin...
Hey guys, just looking for a little advice here. I've been wearing stock lace pieces for about 4 months, but thinking about trying a skin base. I was wearing my hair pushed up/back in the front exposing the hairline, but it's caused me some anxiety trying to make sure the attachment was undetectable, so I've changed styles a bit. I've also had some issues with cleaning the unit (like glue getting through the base and into the hair, fraying the lace at the hairline, etc). I can get a perfect attachment with a new unit, but it gets progressively worse with each removal/reattachment. I'm getting better at it, but it seems like a skin base might be easier to deal with in that regard.

My current "low-maintenance" hairstyle doesn't expose the hairline much, just where the hair parts. It's very similar to Brad Pitt's in World War Z (see attachment). Would a skin base work ok for this style? Also, can I order a stock piece with a skin base and cut it myself (like I've done with lace)? I'd rather not wait on a custom unit.

I was also thinking another benefit may be no visible knots? If you look closely at my hair now with the lace unit, you can see the knots in the part.

Thanks!

Attached Files Image(s)

01-21-2018, 10:01 AM,
RE: Been wearing stock lace units, but thinking about switching to skin...
Lots of people debate between lace and artificial skin. I suggest trying an artificial skin unit. You’re right--the clean up is easier. No need to spend time making sure all the adhesive is removed from lace. And you only expose your hair line at the part so that makes it more easier. There is no knots on skin units since the hair is V-looped into the base. Give it a try.
Regards,
John