Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Final answer
07-03-2009, 06:50 AM,
Final answer
Sunscreen or sun products for hair.

I've worked on the beach for the past 3 summers, 9am-7pm, everyday with some kite boarding in the ocean thrown in there. I hear a lot of opinions and talk on sunscreen on here, I've tried to do my research but I made this thread to ask what are some people's final answers on the product they use, love, and believe prevents sun fading (as best as possible).

Also, what conditioners or shampoos can rejuvenate color?

Thanks
- Dan
07-03-2009, 03:10 PM,
Re: Final answer
One of the guys did a survey a while back of the best products for HPs. The result (or at least one of the results) was Nexxus Extra Gel Super Hold Styling Sculptor, which is a styling gel with sunscreen. So that is what I use. Kind of expensive, but it is better than the generic equivalents.

Are you the college guy with the Hair Club topper who posted a few months back? Have you switched to self-maintenance now/ How is it going?
07-03-2009, 03:23 PM,
Indeed I am. Unfortunately no I did not make the change over yet (looks like another 4k for mom down the drain) due to timing conflicts. By the time I received my TL piece, it was end of September and my schedule was busy and rolling.

This summer should be different, skipping classes for HCM sucks and I don't like lying saying I'm in the library all day, believe me I'm never there.

Aside from the original subject of this thread (and to all, please continue to post the products that work for you), I'd like to bring up some bullshit about HCM. I was finally allowed to see the monthly statements that my family has generously made...and $400/month is bullshit.

Considering HCM puts you on a plan for a new system or excuse me 'bio-matrix' every 2 months, why the f*ck would $800 per 2 months be necessary when the two times I am there per those 60 days I have one cut in and one re-attachment.

I can't say I'm too happy about the appointment I had today in which i returned home with my reattachment looking like shit, too far back, and shedding a ton more than I went there with. Anyways, that will work itself out...sunscreen anyone?
07-03-2009, 03:44 PM,
Dan

Really sorry to hear about your problems with HCM, altho it is par for the course with that organisation. It is good you have such a supportive family - 4 grand for a year's wigs is crazy. Toplace will be far better once you are able to make the switch.

Back to sunscreens .....
07-03-2009, 04:52 PM,
I've never used Paul Mitchell's Waxworks and therefore can't really comment on this product. I am sure it is a good product as I've seen all good reviews. Only one bad review - pricey. Nexxus' gel indeed makes your hair look, feel real and yet not stiff and does not flake. Much cheaper than Waxworks.
07-03-2009, 05:00 PM,
Easy, I live a couple hundred miles from the equator and I spend a great deal of time in the Caribbean. Coppertone Sport SPF50. I comb it through my hair. It dries mate and behaves like a light gel or mousse. You can spray after or use another products if necessary...

Just be carful not to let it get too close to the attachment as it, like most wax works, gels, putty, will cause your attachement to come undone faster. There is a sort of a moisturizer oil type of ingredient in these things. Conditioner also has the same effect.

Other products mentioned here work OK but if you want 100% protection from the an intense blazing sun.....
07-05-2009, 06:30 AM,
Greenery Wrote:Only one bad review - pricey. Nexxus' gel indeed makes your hair look, feel real and yet not stiff and does not flake. Much cheaper than Waxworks.
Does Nexxus make a gel that is anything like Waxworks? I love Nexxus Exxtra Gel, but it's completely and utterly different from Waxworks, which is more of a promenade.

Btw, a tiny little bit of Waxworks goes a long way, so if anyone is griping about the price, it seems as if they are being penny wise and pound foolish. A tube of Waxworks would last for months for most people.