Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I used this instead of using bleach for the knots
10-31-2017, 07:27 AM,
I used this instead of using bleach for the knots
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00DT6...UTF8&psc=1

I received a piece where the roots were still showing a little bit and this worked great. I never bleached knots before but I have heard it can be terrible for the piece. This is a nice alternative.
10-31-2017, 10:01 AM,
RE: I used this instead of using bleach for the knots
How did you apply the coverup?

Did you apply it from the underside that contacts your scalp or the upper side where the hair enters the lace base?

How long does it last if you do not wash the HP?

Interesting, I think.
10-31-2017, 10:19 AM,
I applied it with a round piece of cotton (not a cotton ball) and the brush that came with it. I put it on the underside of the lace and sprayed with knot sealer to lock it in, though I heard some people use hairspray for that. I presume it will last as long as I don't unattach , which wont happen until next sunday
10-31-2017, 10:28 AM,
and next week I am trying another little trick I learned from youtube; applying a piece of scaraway bandage under the lace where I make the part. This is supposed to camoflauge the lace completely so even those little holes will not show... Will see. I just found out they sell it at a cvs 5 minutes away
10-31-2017, 01:56 PM,
Very creative use of ScarAway bandage. I did watch a Youtube describing the use of the root concealer powder, knot securing spray and the bandage. Looked doable.

In my own experimentation, I checked out using a surgical silk, cloth tape but was afraid that the adhesive was too vigorous so did not try it.

Then, purchased some silicone skin, flesh colored but could not get an adhesive to work on the silicone.

Also, considered using Mehron silicon flesh-colored latex. That probably would work, but I won't try it on a new HP, so will wait for that trial. I like the Mehron, since it's made to be used on skin, is flexible and matches skin color. Just worried that it might wick into the hair, so have to experiment cautiously. Will update this thread when I try it out.
11-02-2017, 09:19 AM,
Just ordered this. Curious to see how well it works. I've been using toppik in my part to hide the knots, which works ok, but hoping this method works better.
11-02-2017, 11:28 AM,
(11-02-2017, 09:19 AM)sp1n3ch0 Wrote: Just ordered this. Curious to see how well it works. I've been using toppik in my part to hide the knots, which works ok, but hoping this method works better.

I had to do a little touch up, so I just used the brush and patted my piece with it in the front a little bit. It stuck to where I have the tape under it and I was able to get the extra out with just a towel. It looks pretty good so far. I did notice my real hair is growing out like a weed and I need it cut (don't you hate that). was hoping it would be ok until around thanksgiving, but no way.

I am wondering if the coverup that women use for your face would be the same thing. Not sure. Hope it works for you
11-02-2017, 11:57 PM,
had to reapply the tape in the front this morning. Tried using the scaraway and it does not look good at all. Maybe it will work for other, but not me.

One thing I did differently was use a very very small brush and dabbed the coverup in front and that worked very well instead of that big brush it comes with.