Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
To the College Homies
07-05-2009, 12:23 AM,
Re: To the College Homies
ruffryder Wrote:collegedan - living in a house of 24 people and wearing sounds like quite a feat. You have your own room, but do you have your own washroom?

For the past two years, no I have not had my own batroom, i've had to share one with another kid but that hasn't really been a problem. Whenever I needed to do maintanence to my HP I would just take a shower, walk out into my bedroom and do what needs to be done with a mirror and my adhesives. Hair Club Systems are usually hard bonded to your scalp so most of your maintenance only concerns the front until your appointment after 4 weeks but I don't see how having a perimeter would cause much more of a hassle other than some more devoted time.

This next upcoming year I will have a bathroom in my bedroom at my new place so that should make things even more convenient.
07-05-2009, 06:16 AM,
collegedan Wrote:Hair Club Systems are usually hard bonded to your scalp so most of your maintenance only concerns the front until your appointment after 4 weeks but I don't see how having a perimeter would cause much more of a hassle other than some more devoted time.
How do you like the hard bond? I've been thinking of going in that direction, as I've currently often been going a month between attachments. The glue gets very goopy during the fourth week, though, but I just hate doing attachments myself, as it takes me hours to do.

Also, with the white glue I have to reglue any loose edges every time before visiting my lady friend, and that seems to take about an hour, what with all the hair clips and trying to kind of clean away the old glue before applying new glue, etc.

One downside of the hard bond is that it uses tape. Or at least that's the way my stylist does it, and I think that tape may be more detectable to touch, not to mention tape shine, which I've never been able to figure out how to get completely rid of. Since I cannnot seem to get my lady friend to stop running her fingers through my hair, anything that she might feel would be bad.

I suspect, however, that the hard bond is not good for me until I tell this woman I am wearing, as I suspect that you typically don't hard bond all the way up to all the edges.
07-05-2009, 06:24 AM,
den10 Wrote:darius..thats cool. I also use nizoral. can u just tell me one thing. when i wear a basebal cap, the heat generation seems to make my eczema a bit itchier. when u wear a piece (lace)...is there lots of ventilation so that ure scalp stays cooler than if u were wearing a baseball cap?
Sometimes wearing can be pretty itchy for me, but usually not. I just learn to live with it and try to not scratch. It's never become unbearable.

The itching usually where I have lots of gel and/or Dermmatch on my scalp, however, not actually underneath the hairpiece.

I use an SFS hairpiece with 100% glue attachment, and I usually don't notice that I'm wearing anything. The hair gel is much more noticeable. It's much less noticeable than a baseball hat, which sometimes feels like it's squeezing my head too much.

The hairpiece did feel a bit funny for like the first couple of days when I started wearing a year ago, but now I rarely notice. I do sometimes now have stressful dreams where my hairpiece falls off in public, or what have you, but they've just replaced the dreams where I find out the day before the final exam that I'm registered for a class I never even heard of. So, all in all, my dreams aren't any worse than before.
07-06-2009, 06:56 AM,
I'm riding the fence hardcore on whether or not I should at least try a piece. MPB has ruined my life and I'm sick of it. I've tried accepting it but that's not working out too well. I used to be constantly hit on by women of all ages but that's become a rarity. I've tried my best to deal with it but I guess I can't get around the fact that it's disfigured my appearence and I'm not living life to its full potential.

The first photo is right after my FUE HT. Though it's a misleading pic (because the grafts were misangled and whatnot... super-glad that none of the hairs "took", leaving me basically right back where I started at), I think it kinda shows how facial framing can help someone's looks.

[Image: 670295.jpg]

And here's what I look like now with my hair buzzed down like I usually keep it.

[Image: IMG000265.jpg]

[Image: IMG000019.jpg]

[Image: IMG000124.jpg]
07-06-2009, 06:59 AM,
I wonder if you were confident enough with the piece and even if a typical 20-something chick found out, if you could play it off and she wouldn't give a crap?
07-06-2009, 11:49 AM,
CB1, I know you've spent quite a bit of money on hair loss treatments so why not spend a bit on a piece and try it out? You already shave your head, should be easy to try one out.
07-31-2009, 03:56 PM,
being 18 and having to deal with thinning and receding sucks balls. Thanks so much for this post. It has given me more confidence to make the switch, which i will be doing before the summer is over and I head back to university. How has the system affected your college life?
08-01-2009, 04:06 AM,
Good point Tim!
If Toplace had been around when I was losing my hair at 18 and know what I know now, well it's pretty much a no-brainer! The pros far outweigh the cons. JUST DO IT! LIFE IS TOO SHORT!
08-01-2009, 08:19 AM,
I like the who gives a f#ck attitude. Girls pump up their breasts, cake their faces with make-up, so really who cares.

They'll like you more for your openness: Achilles Heel.
12-05-2010, 06:56 AM,
RE: To the College Homies
Sup guys! I'm 21, and been receeding for 2 years slowly.. this year super quickly tho... and now I'm gonna make the change, already told my mom and my best friend... why not?, obviously I'm not spreading it out in public but It's good to have people on your side (ppl who u trust a LOT, so they can really tell u if it's lookin natural etc)

Dan, nice work and nice hair dude, we could go for some beers sometimes, so u can introduce me to one your girl friends (friends who are girls he). Big Grin

Also I've had serious itching because seborrheic dermatitis, but now I've got less hair it's better (my head's more ventilated I guess...) so maybe I'm doing a short hair look (always been an afro mutha****)

Doing my switch in March or so!

See you guys