Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
To the College Homies
07-04-2009, 08:13 AM,
Re: To the College Homies
Dave83 Wrote:Looks great - is that a full cap?

I'm 25, still have plenty of hair but it's unmanagable, and receeding a fair bit at the front - I actually think if I got a GOOD hair piece it may look better than my real hair!
Hmm, if you ask me, you'd have to be crazy to wear a hairpiece if you have "plenty of hair". Comb your hair forward, if need be, to hide the receding hair line. Use gel or Waxworks, or something to make your hair manageable.
07-04-2009, 08:18 AM,
Darius Wrote:
Dave83 Wrote:Looks great - is that a full cap?

I'm 25, still have plenty of hair but it's unmanagable, and receeding a fair bit at the front - I actually think if I got a GOOD hair piece it may look better than my real hair!
Hmm, if you ask me, you'd have to be crazy to wear a hairpiece if you have "plenty of hair". Comb your hair forward, if need be, to hide the receding hair line. Use gel or Waxworks, or something to make your hair manageable.

Been doin the comb down for years buddy - these last couple of years though it's not been enough, the fact that things are thinning a bit at the front just means it looks messy. I'll post a pic of my hair sometime to demonstrate this, and also to find out if a partial piece would be of any use to me.
07-04-2009, 08:51 AM,
Dave83 Wrote:
Darius Wrote:
Dave83 Wrote:Been doin the comb down for years buddy - these last couple of years though it's not been enough, the fact that things are thinning a bit at the front just means it looks messy. I'll post a pic of my hair sometime to demonstrate this, and also to find out if a partial piece would be of any use to me.
Maybe you don't have "plenty of hair" then. If not, a hairpiece will almost certainly help. You have to factor in the cost and effort, of course, to decide if it's worth it to you, but if you're unhappy with the amount of hair you have, then a hairpiece can certainly give you more.

It's certainly worth it for me, though I would immensely prefer just to have a full head of natural hair instead....
07-04-2009, 09:07 AM,
collegedan Wrote:No girl has ever found out. To get them to avoid touching, ha I have an exaggerated story from a few years ago that I use. Senior year in high school I got hit in the head with a skateboard one night and my friend and i got into a car accident that same night as well. If a girl goes for my hair I just make an uncomfortable face and say 'Hey do you mind not doing that, I kinda got into an accident and it freaks me out now when people do that'

It's lame but it works, I just say I have some scars that I cover up and still are nerve sensitive. No one's ever known man, no worries.

Dude you dont have to tell people you are wearing but this lie is a shame!!
07-04-2009, 10:01 AM,
compemre Wrote:Dude you dont have to tell people you are wearing but this lie is a shame!!
I just tell people I have bad eczema and so it hurts to have my head touched. I do have eczema, enough so that you can oftn see it, but it doesn't really hurt that much. But I have plausible deniability!
07-04-2009, 10:57 AM,
Darius Wrote:
compemre Wrote:Dude you dont have to tell people you are wearing but this lie is a shame!!
I just tell people I have bad eczema and so it hurts to have my head touched. I do have eczema, enough so that you can oftn see it, but it doesn't really hurt that much. But I have plausible deniability!

Darius, couldn't believe when i saw this. I have eczema on my scalp as well. One of ther reasons I wanna wear. As the balder I get, the more visible it is to the public.

Just a couple of questions:

-Does the heat generation of the piece not make your'e eczema itchier/worse?
-Does the glue not aggrevale it?
-Are u not a bit concerned about the glue chemicals entering you're body through the eczema rash?

Cheers!
07-04-2009, 02:50 PM,
den10 Wrote:Darius, couldn't believe when i saw this. I have eczema on my scalp as well. One of ther reasons I wanna wear. As the balder I get, the more visible it is to the public.

-Are u not a bit concerned about the glue chemicals entering you're body through the eczema rash?
Well, I actually only have eczema on the side of my head, where there is no unit, and some times it kind of also creeps down onto the temple area of my forehead.

I use a white glue, and it doesn't seem to irritate me at all. I also use Dermmatch to help with blending. That does make the eczema worse. The worst thing for the eczema is actually all the gel I use to dissuade my woman friend from running her hands through my hair.

The things we'll do for love!

Though I guess my exzema isn't so bad as to be a major, major problem, it is an annoyance. I use special prescription dandruff shampoo (Nizeral), which helps a lot, but these days I don't actually shampoo my hair very often, because if I don't, then my glue attachment can last as long as a month with touch-ups. (The glue gets annoyingly goopy during the fourth week, though.) And not using the shampoo much is not doing great things for my eczema.
07-04-2009, 06:10 PM,
Just gonna try to answer a few questions in one post:

CB1 Wrote:I take it that the women in question were "flings" and not girlfriends? Have you had a steady girlfriend while wearing? No girl has *ever* known your secret?

Ha of course they're flings, I'm in college man, too young to tie down, however most of them are reoccurring flings or chicks who've become friends and end up seeing me on a regular basis probably especially since our house has 24 people and there's always something going on. Bottom line is no one has known and I've been doing fine keeping it that way with little effort. This includes going on vacations with girls, spring break, sleeping over, etc etc.

I don't see why its a big deal considering the incident did actually occur. Most people who lie frequently forget about the stories they tell and end up screwing themselves over. I actually had the incident I speak of and do have a few little scars from the skateboard injury but In my young world at my school, I feel the story I've told is very necessary.

I say 'Hey I know this is weird but I don't really like it when people are all up in my face touching me' and if the question why is asked, I get brief and to the point in one sentence...'I don't like people touching my face or hair, when my friend and I got into an accident I ended up with some scars I cover up' story over. Luckily this has only happened on a very few occasions but of course no one else should do this...instead just say 'Hey, I don't like it when people touch my face', it will apply to your hair too, trust me.

The point I'm trying to get across to all of you young guys and others who are interested is that it all relies in confidence. I know that must get annoying to hear and not everyone is always completely confident everyday in every situation but we do gradually acquire it as a characteristic and if we try it will adapt into everything we do. It's important to remind ourselves to stay positive.

BTW, no it is not a full cap. My sides are pretty thin although they don't look it in the pics but I leave em longer to look thicker. DiDi said there's no reason for me to get a full cap so no worries.

I don't know the specs and trust me you don't want a HCM piece of shit. Fortunately' it's survived my lifestyle and I never use product except leave in conditioner and now some hair polisher stuff that meandean talked about.

I hope that cleared some stuff up for you guys and I hope I'm wrong but I got the feeling I got attacked or criticized a little bit over my thread which is perfectly okay, everyone can have their opinion. I just want everyone to remember also that I made this to help the guys who are my age know that everything's going to be alright and having a HP isn't the end of the world like I once thought it would be. Half the time I forget it's there.
07-04-2009, 09:28 PM,
collegedan - living in a house of 24 people and wearing sounds like quite a feat. You have your own room, but do you have your own washroom?
07-04-2009, 10:49 PM,
Darius Wrote:
den10 Wrote:Darius, couldn't believe when i saw this. I have eczema on my scalp as well. One of ther reasons I wanna wear. As the balder I get, the more visible it is to the public.

Well, I actually only have eczema on the side of my head, where there is no unit, and some times it kind of also creeps down onto the temple area of my forehead.

I use a white glue, and it doesn't seem to irritate me at all. I also use Dermmatch to help with blending. That does make the eczema worse. The worst thing for the eczema is actually all the gel I use to dissuade my woman friend from running her hands through my hair.

The things we'll do for love!

Though I guess my exzema isn't so bad as to be a major, major problem, it is an annoyance. I use special prescription dandruff shampoo (Nizeral), which helps a lot, but these days I don't actually shampoo my hair very often, because if I don't, then my glue attachment can last as long as a month with touch-ups. (The glue gets annoyingly goopy during the fourth week, though.) And not using the shampoo much is not doing great things for my eczema.

darius..thats cool. I also use nizoral. can u just tell me one thing. when i wear a basebal cap, the heat generation seems to make my eczema a bit itchier. when u wear a piece (lace)...is there lots of ventilation so that ure scalp stays cooler than if u were wearing a baseball cap?

cheers!
PS - i know the only way i'll know for sure is to try a piece but i just wanna hear from existing wearers 1st.