Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Reddish system emergency (urgent)
09-15-2017, 10:34 AM,
Reddish system emergency (urgent)
Hi guys. I have a big big problem. Just attached a new system, and I have a big wedding tomorrow. System blends nicely in terms of lenght and density and all but for some reason this one came quite reddish. My hair is darkish brown but very ashy matte, without any strong color. The reddish streaks pop out very noticeably inbetween natural hair. It looks quite wiggish.

What last minute tricks can I pull off to help mask the brass color a bit??

Would be incredibly grateful for any help, I have nowhere else to turn than you guys Sad
09-15-2017, 02:45 PM,
RE: Reddish system emergency (urgent)
I don't know where you live, but if you have a Sally's Beauty Supply or possibly even at WalMart, check out something called "root touch up spray temporary hair color". Here is a link to describe it:

http://www.sallybeauty.com/agebeautiful-...lt,pd.html

This is a spray that lasts until you shampoo it out. I did use it a couple times to tint my own hair on the sides to tone down the gray and match the HP better. You can, of course, spray it on both your own and the HP to get a better match.

My only concern is that you are under such pressure and do not have any time to work out the details of how much to use. Definitely, go lighter with the coats since you can always add more.

Probably, I would test this on your own bio-hair first since it would be easy to shampoo out.

Good luck and be sure to let us know how it turns out.
09-17-2017, 01:01 AM,
RE: Reddish system emergency (urgent)
I read about "Ardell's Unread" but never tried it.
The only thing I know I would use is Black2Natural or Aveda products. If you don't have time to receive by mail before the wedding run to an Aveda hair salon and tell the hairstylist you want to get rid of the red he/she will probably suggest you to try Blue Malva or Black Malva I got both and they work well.
Hope this helps,
Dan.