Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Partial for crown and top area with transplant for hairline and front region?
08-23-2017, 08:17 PM,
Partial for crown and top area with transplant for hairline and front region?
Is it a workable idea to have a partial piece for the crown area (and forward of this) , with transplanted hair (FIT) for the hairline, front region? (so approx 3/4 partial + 1/4 transplant)

I’m mid 40’s, have had a number of FIT transplants, one to the crown area in 2005 (which wasn’t successful) and a transplant to the hairline/ frontal region in 2014 which had around 60% success growth rate. (700 grafts) I’ve used concealer (Toppik etc) for many years, and over time i’ve lost more and more hair, so concealer is getting really difficult (my hair looks pretty bad) There is some weakness in the hair on the sides of the head due to the amount of grafts i’ve had taken, but the back isn’t too bad. (any partial system would have to be of lower than normal density to be in keeping with the sides, and my age)

I’ve never worn a system before, but over the year have glanced on and off over this forum and in other places.

I’ve seen it mentioned that the frontal hairline can be a give away of any system, so that is behind my thinking to get another transplant to strengthen and thicken the hairline/ frontal zone, and to have a partial piece behind for the crown area.
08-24-2017, 02:02 PM,
RE: Partial for crown and top area with transplant for hairline and front region?
Hi Oliroben,
Thanks for your question. Transplants can be tricky the older you get. The hair shaft thins and the transplanted hair is more difficult to ‘take’ in it’s new position. You're right about a frontal hairline being a give away---if it’s not done right. Our hairlines are both staggered and graduated. For newbies, graduated means that the front hairline is not a ‘wall of hair.’ It’s graduated to a normal density so you can into the hairline about a 1/4” just like real hairline. Staggered means that the the hairline is not in a straight line--some hairs are recessed. Again like real growing hair. It’s very natural. Since your last transplant 3 years ago had a 60% success rate I wouldn’t recommend trying it again. You lose 100% of the hair from the donor area for maybe a 60% or less success rate. We can get you a unit with a realistic hairline and you’ll save a lot of time, money and discomfort.
Regards,
John
08-25-2017, 01:52 AM,
RE: Partial for crown and top area with transplant for hairline and front region?
HI John,

Thanks for your reply.

Can I confirm if you are saying it's not such a good idea to have transplant for the hairline, front region (with system behind) ?

or if you are saying it's not a good plan in my specific scenario (due to background info/ previous transplants) ?
08-26-2017, 11:59 AM,
Not a good plan in your specific scenario. But in my experience I’ve found very few people in general that are happy with their transplants.