Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Question/advice
08-23-2017, 09:47 AM,
Question/advice
I need to cut some of the lace off the front of my piece right at the hairline. When I did it the first time it wasn't smooth, I used scissors and now there are a bunch of super short hairs or just knots. It seems the best way to do this is from the under side with an exacto knife but how do you guys do this? Pin it to a cutting board, or foam head, or do I need someone's help to hold it while I slowly and carefully slice off the lace?
08-23-2017, 03:35 PM,
RE: Question/advice
Are you talking about the empty lace on a new hairpiece? I find that the small really sharp nail scissors are best for this task. You should be able to do it single-handed, just do it really slowly in quarter-inch increments, being careful not to cut any hairs.
08-23-2017, 04:19 PM,
(08-23-2017, 03:35 PM)Baldrich Wrote: Are you talking about the empty lace on a new hairpiece? I find that the small really sharp nail scissors are best for this task. You should be able to do it single-handed, just do it really slowly in quarter-inch increments, being careful not to cut any hairs.

No not the empty lace, I fully understand that. What I'm talking about is when I cut my stock unit hairline I messed up and cut some of the hairs so there is a mil or two of lace in the front hairline that has very short hairs or even just knots in some spots and I'm wondering the best way to remove it. It seems general consensus is to cut the under side of the lace with a sharp blade being very careful not to knock any hairs but how do I hold the piece still? I've thought of tacking it to a cutting board or even gluing it to a plastic cutting board wetting the hair, combing it back and then trimming with an exacto blade but that would be cutting from the topside which doesn't seem recommended. Sorry if I'm not explaining well, I'm still very new to this.
08-23-2017, 06:10 PM,
I don't pretend to be any kind of guru, but I still think you would be better with some small sharp scissors. Or you could pin the piece to a polystyrene wig head and do it with a blade.
08-23-2017, 06:39 PM,
I think I will do exactly that. Thanks for the help!