Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Need help!
08-20-2017, 11:16 AM,
Need help!
So I'm a newbie, have had a stock system for a few weeks trying it out. My first attachment and cut in was done by a professional and I use that word loosely. I seemed to know more than her just from reading on here and YouTube. Anyway it came out ok, the cut in was decent at least. I wore it for about a week and a half while I gathered all the supplies I needed (definitely should have done that first). Second attachment I had the help of a friend and it went well but it didn't last long. Two nights ago I did a frontal touch up where I lifted the first couple inches or so, cleaned and reattached. For my first time it went pretty good. Now to my PROBLEEM, the front is secure and looks good but the back is completely coming off and lifting almost to my crown. I still have a lot of hair back there so I think the growing reduced my attached time but I don't want to do a full debond rebond after just doing the front so is there any fairly easy way to just do a rear touch up? I would like to do what I did on the front to the back but it seems almost impossible to do alone even in a room full of mirrors. I am open to any and all ideas, someone please guide me.
08-20-2017, 11:49 AM,
RE: Need help!
Thanks for posting Samspaul8.
This is a common issue. It’s easier and less time consuming to do a touchup than a a full re-bond. But it can be done. A key is to clean the scalp properly so you can get a good bond. Take a clean cloth--preferably a micro-fiber towel--and dip it in 91% (or near that percentage) rubbing alcohol from your local drug store. Wipe the area that you want to re-attach until it’s clean. Any left over glue or tape residue is going to compromise the attachment. Then apply the tape or the glue to the area. I know it’s tricky at first. It takes some ‘getting used to’ in order to coordinate your hand with the area you want to work with. It helps to put a couple fingers down on the scalp to give you a ‘point of reference.’ Another thing you can do is use ‘Got 2 Be Glued Spiking Glue’ for the attachment. It’s a mild attachment but the beauty of that is that it’s water soluable so it’s an easy clean up while you’re ‘getting the feel’ of working on the back of your hear. Good luck!
08-21-2017, 04:00 AM,
Hey Samspauld8

Yeah it can be tricky when starting off.
What i do when attaching the back i hold the hair back with some small hair clips then standing in front of the mirror and holding a small mirror with one hand up behind my head i carefully can see where to clean or apply the adhesive using my other hand. you get good with practice.

These are the clips i use small plastic crocodile there only about 3cm long.

Attached Files Image(s)

08-21-2017, 09:11 AM,
Thanks for the advice guys, this forum really is a godsend. I still have not done the rear touch up, I'm crazy nervous about it lol. What I'm most nervous about is buzzing the hair back there, it's so tricky trying to do it with only two hands and mirrors. I'm less concerned with applying the glue and attaching because it can be a bit more forgiving but if I slip up and shave off a big chunk of hair then I'm really in trouble.
08-22-2017, 01:01 PM,
Hi Sam

If you are wearing a system single-handed (i.e. you don't have a wife or girlfriend who's helping you) you definitely need to invest in good mirrors - a big well-lit wall-mounted one plus a big hand-held one so that you can get a good view of the back.

If you are in a situation where you can't really tell where you are meant to be shaving, you could try this tip - put the system down into place, then sprinkle talcum powder on your head. Then flip the piece forwards and clip it up with one of Mickey's clips, and the hair that doesn't have talcum on it is the bit you need to shave. When you are done, just brush the talcum out.