Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hair transplant on thin sides good idea ?
04-23-2017, 04:24 AM,
Hair transplant on thin sides good idea ?
Hi all,
I wear a unit with flaps, and it's good alternative for me.
My both sides are very thin practically bald, this is very frustrating to me, it's rare to view guy looks bald at this zone, and also in my old days i will shave my head.
It's already hard to imagine to shave my head, and with these sides problem, it's even more difficult...

So, for theses reasons, i start to think about hair transplant at this location.
Not on whole head, i can't Smile do that, i'm too bald, just on the both sides
What is your opinion or advice to this subject ?
Someone on this forum has it thinking to this option ?

Sorry for bad english, it's hard to explain with talent.
04-23-2017, 01:33 PM,
RE: Hair transplant on thin sides good idea ?
Thanks for asking that question. Doing a transplant on the sides is very difficult. The reason is that the donor area is typcially the back of the head. The hair in that area is thicker diameter hair. The hair in the temple area is usually finer hair and then gets thicker as it goes toward the back of the head. So to get a realistic temple area you need fine diameter hair. And that’s the difficult part. And in general transplants have been a dicey option. Often the hair does not ‘take’ to the new area or it ‘takes’ and then falls out over time. Your best option is to go with the flaps and expand your template as necessary. Good luck.
John
04-23-2017, 07:07 PM,
RE: Hair transplant on thin sides good idea ?
Yes you are right for thicker diameter.
i'm not a expert in hair transplant, but i know technics are more evolved in this domain since couple of year.

Thanks John for reply.