Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
91% vs. Lace Release vs. Pure
07-06-2009, 11:53 PM,
91% vs. Lace Release vs. Pure
I've always used 91% to release my taped perimeter All French stocks. I just ordered a SFS & was wondering about Lace release & Pure. Typically, I let the 91% saturate for 10 min, lift it off & then let it soak in a dish for 5 minutes, to pull the tape off the piece. A Glue snot or two is then wiped up with a towel.
I've never gotten the "Tape stays on the scalp & unit lifts clean" type of removal - do the other two facilitate that & would I be wiser to use them considering the fragility of SFS?
91% for $2 per Qt @ Walmart has been cheap & easily available.
07-07-2009, 01:01 AM,
Re: 91% vs. Lace Release vs. Pure
I use lace release and depending on the tape used, most it stays on my scalp when I remove. With st-30 99% stayed on my scalp, with blue liner if I go over 5-6 days its more like 60%. Oh and I wear sfs.
07-07-2009, 02:14 AM,
i also dont usually get the tape to stay on the Scalp. I wonder what you're doing differently you're not spraying through the hair or something?
07-07-2009, 05:03 AM,
I am starting to find that when you soak the piece in solvent too long, it actually makes things harder. For me, using 91 alcohol's main function is the break the bond, not break down the tape completely. Ill squirt it through the lace and wait, a little squirt more. once I see the lace is starting to lift, I detatch. The more you soak it in alcohol and let it stay it starts breaking down the tape more and u get more of a sticky mess.
07-07-2009, 05:14 AM,
can someone explain by through the lace does he mean through the hair and down through the lace? I havent been doing this as alcohol is suppose to be bad for hair etc i'm not sure if what im doing is right i just want to have tape stuck on my head and not on the piece like you guys Smile
07-07-2009, 07:12 AM,
yes, you spray it down through the lace and rub it in so it goes down thru the holes. you are going to take the piece off immediately and shampoo it so the alcohol will not damage the hair, its only going to be on it for a minute.
the pure adhesive remover is for removing the tape from your skin.
lace releaser or 99% = for releasing your piece.
pure adhesive remover= for cleaning your scalp afterwards.
DebbieS.
<!-- w --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.splitendshairreplacement.com">www.splitendshairreplacement.com</a><!-- w -->
07-07-2009, 07:30 AM,
I use these to apply the release (99% alcohol in my case):

[Image: dcp_3868.jpg]

I buy them at Sally's. The tip allows you to get right down through the hair so you
are right against the lace. Works great.
Alcohol still gets on the hair of course, but I rinse the unit as soon as I remove it anyway.
I've mentioned this many times before, but I rarely, if ever (after the 1st initial shampoo),
shampoo the unit. I do rinse it and use a little leave in conditioner.
Washing the unit (shampoo) is one of the biggest and fastest cause of color fade.

I normally get 9 ~ 10 months out of a unit with very little color fade (sometimes I do have to color it
once during that time) and virtually no shedding.

Smile
Fred
07-07-2009, 08:41 AM,
Thanks for clearing that up Big Grin

I dont know if i could not shampoo my piece with all the sweat and stuff i wouldnt like to go without a good shampoo wash.
07-07-2009, 04:24 PM,
FredTJ Wrote:I use these to apply the release (99% alcohol in my case):
You can also soak a cotton ball in 91% or 99% and then dab the cotton ball firmly around the areas that need to be released. You'd be amazed at how much alcohol a little cotton ball can hold!