Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
25 year old wearer - Dubai hair system (Pics-Not a Toplace unit)
01-01-2017, 08:33 AM,
25 year old wearer - Dubai hair system (Pics-Not a Toplace unit)
Hi guys !

Glad to be part of this forum and seeing all the support everyone is getting i thought i would also share my input where i can and ask for help/advice at the same time.

So my name is Adam, i live in Dubai and buy my hair systems from the dubai salon and every 2 weeks the salon gives a nice haircut and cleans the system. (i remove the system every 2 weeks) - The system usually lasts between 4-6 months.

i have a decent hair line so i wear my system right behind my hair line. However its slightly receeding from the sides more and more so i might need to shave the hairline i have and place the system without the hairline.

I found out that the system I use is from a place called "Icon". The color is 1b and its french lace. The hairs being used are indian hairs.

(incase some people think my hairline looks fine, this image was taken a while ago and ive lost a lot from the right point near the template)

so my questions are:
1. should i go for a french or swiss lace?
2. because i have good temples and can pull hair from the sides to cover the corners can i get an awesome look with the system infront without a hairline. my only concern is my current system after a few days lifts up, because of a hairline i can get away with it, but when i wont have a hairline how will the swiss lace or french lace be concelaed and not lift up.

Thanks for all your help guys. if anyone has any questions with respect to my hairline please feel free to ask.

Thanks !

Attached Files Image(s)

01-01-2017, 06:20 PM,
RE: 25 year old wearer - Dubai hair system (PICS)
Hi Adam

Your system looks good (or at least looked good when those photos were taken). The join behind your hairline is pretty neat. No one would guess you are wearing. It's some kind of skin base, right?

To answer your Qs, since you are an experienced wearer I would go straight for Swiss lace. There is not a big difference, but the Swiss is slightly finer and less detectable when glued on. If you are getting the base coming loose after only a couple of days, then your current glue is not right for you. I can get 10 days easily from my glue, and I very rarely get any lace lift. Obviously you will need to get that aspect fixed before you dispense with your natural hairline. What adhesives are you currently using?

Rich
01-03-2017, 01:25 AM,
RE: 25 year old wearer - Dubai hair system (Pics-Not a Toplace unit)
(01-01-2017, 06:20 PM)Baldrich Wrote: Hi Adam

Your system looks good (or at least looked good when those photos were taken). The join behind your hairline is pretty neat. No one would guess you are wearing. It's some kind of skin base, right?

To answer your Qs, since you are an experienced wearer I would go straight for Swiss lace. There is not a big difference, but the Swiss is slightly finer and less detectable when glued on. If you are getting the base coming loose after only a couple of days, then your current glue is not right for you. I can get 10 days easily from my glue, and I very rarely get any lace lift. Obviously you will need to get that aspect fixed before you dispense with your natural hairline. What adhesives are you currently using?

Rich

Hey Rich !

Thanks for getting back so quickly. I needed some time to get the answers from the salon hence the delay (everything shut here for new years)

So currently the salon put "double tape retention" on the system and before they place it on my head he puts "no tape glue" on my scalo edges back and front which gives it a nice 14 day hold (with slight lifts on the front but i get away with it because i have a hairline to cover it)

Currently im using french lace - with the above mentioned glue and tape.

Having a front hairline was awesome but now with more recession i think its time to let it go as ive seen some amazing systems without the hairline and you cant even see the lift in the front.

I am young and go gym occasionally and go out a lot - i havnt got caught yet but without the hairline im realy worried on a night out i might have a slip up.

Thanks for the help Rich !
01-03-2017, 02:40 AM,
Hi Adam

I've never heard of "double tape retention" or "no tape glue". Either there are some unique local products in the Gulf or your man is making these names up LOL. Either way, at least he is doing a good job for you.

I can understand the nerves about taking away the "camouflage" you currently have for the hairline. I kept a little tuft of real hair there for a year or so for the same reason, but eventually I realised it was making the piece less realistic, instead of more. Your natural hair screen looks a good bit thicker than mine was though.

There is something I would like to mention to you off-line, so if you are comfortable doing so would you drop me an email? Its keltinthedelta at yahoo dot com.

Cheers
Rich
01-03-2017, 02:56 AM,
(01-03-2017, 02:40 AM)Baldrich Wrote: Hi Adam

I've never heard of "double tape retention" or "no tape glue". Either there are some unique local products in the Gulf or your man is making these names up LOL. Either way, at least he is doing a good job for you.

I can understand the nerves about taking away the "camouflage" you currently have for the hairline. I kept a little tuft of real hair there for a year or so for the same reason, but eventually I realised it was making the piece less realistic, instead of more. Your natural hair screen looks a good bit thicker than mine was though.

There is something I would like to mention to you off-line, so if you are comfortable doing so would you drop me an email? Its keltinthedelta at yahoo dot com.

Cheers
Rich

haha no they exist ! ill take pics of them next week when i go in for service to help understand what they are better.

Sure ill drop you an email now ! Thanks for the prompt support mate !