Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
uber new
07-07-2009, 04:05 PM,
uber new
hey guys ive been lurking around this site for quite some time
i believe i posted once in the past, but now i am officially ready to take the plunge
i am 26 years old, and basically my hair has been thinning since around 21-22
it is only in the front middle, which is kind of odd
when i push my hair together it looks pretty good, but I am sick of not being able to have the hairstyle I want and always worrying about it
after seeing the topic about the college dudes, i decided you know what I cannot stand being so obsessed
I am going to get a haircut, get a hair sample, and make a template after my finals are over next week
I am going away for a month (with my gf lol) and when I get back the partial piece I need will be here
I tried to post pics but I dont know how to shrink them
if anyone can post them please pm me and I will email them to you
after the pics are posted I will be able to go into a greater description into what I am talking about and what I am looking for

and please excuse how poorly my grammar is, i am from the internet generation

thanks everyone

btw my name is Josh
07-07-2009, 04:31 PM,
Re: uber new
alright guys i figured it out
here is what it looks like when i try to slick it back

[attachment=0]

Attached Files Image(s)

07-07-2009, 04:33 PM,
[attachment=0]this is what it looks like when i push it together (although it is getting harder to do this)

Attached Files Image(s)

07-07-2009, 04:50 PM,
ok so i guess what i am looking for is 70% density, medium wave? i am not really sure
i would also like to keep my hairline as far down as it is, as well as my little point my hair comes to in the front
my hair used to look like a bit that Leonardo Dicaprio picture in the other forum topic, and I would like to achieve that, maybe a bit longer and with the specs as specified above (the length being like James Frano but I have to look for a pic)
is this all possible?
also what kind of base would be best for me
i go to the gym regularly and practice bikram yoga
i am hoping i wont have to stop bikram, but it is 108 degrees in the room for 90 min
can a piece hold under something like that?
07-07-2009, 06:14 PM,
autobass1291 Wrote:i am hoping i wont have to stop bikram, but it is 108 degrees in the room for 90 min
can a piece hold under something like that?
Well, that would sure make me nervous. Can you wear a bandana on your head while doing this?

Personally I'd probably try concealers myself at this point of hairloss before a hairpiece, but those may also give you trouble at 108 degrees.
07-08-2009, 12:09 AM,
As stated above, go with Dermatch .....you're FAR away from needing a hair piece. Also, it helps to be flexible about hair styles; I ended up looking real good in a style I never would have picked off the bat. Being peeped by chicas & having the drive by flirts from them kind of cemented that too! Wink
07-08-2009, 12:29 AM,
Thanks for the advice guys. I am going to get a hair cut in the next few days, see how it looks a bit shorter. This has made me feel a bit better, but I do have a question. Once you got the piece, and were able to do whatever style you wanted, were you like less obccessed with your hair? Personally there are days I cant stop playing with it and sit in front of the mirror for extended periods of time.
Also, anyone here have a similar type of hairloss?

Thanks so much
07-08-2009, 03:52 AM,
you should check your hair loss out by a dermatologist you might be losing hair for a different reason,such as certain deficiencies or an irritation of the scalp in that area which you might be able to treat,i suggest find out for sure what the cause is and then look into the hairpiece,

good luck.
07-08-2009, 04:05 AM,
Ya I have been there a few times, there is nothing "wrong" with me so to speak. just thinning in the front, a tremendous amount behind the hairline.
07-08-2009, 04:10 AM,
try the dermatch first, if yu still feel you need a piece, a small partial would suit you fine. we had a similar young guy at the chicago convention....just had a bit of thinning right in the middle, we did a nice partial out of a stock piece and he looked fabulous!!
DebbieS.
<!-- w --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.splitendshairreplacement.com">www.splitendshairreplacement.com</a><!-- w -->