Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New photo sent in from a full cap wearer
03-26-2010, 02:51 PM,
Re: New photo sent in from a full cap wearer
Baldrich Wrote:I am toying with the idea of transitioning from a topper to a full headpiece where I just retain the real hair at the nape and my sideburns. Partly it's because my sides are thinning, but also because I have read others express the opinion that it is less embarrassing if people find out you are wearing a full wig than if they discover you are wearing a 'toupee'. Their reasoning is that you could be wearing a full wig for any number of reasons, and it could even be a lifestyle choice, whereas a toupee says vain, balding and trying a cover-up. As someone who has tried both, have you any thoughts on this?

I should say that I have been happy with my regular for 2 years now. I am also put off by the very odd appearance I would have if I had to take the full wig off, say at hospital, with just sideburns and neckhair LOL.

That is an interesting point Rich.

Almost everyone who switches to a full cap says the same thing- they immediately find it more acceptable, even if just in their own minds. I know I personally had a completely different outlook on wearing the day I switched.

I think there are a number of things at play here that cause this psychological shift, but you did a good job of touching on a few of them.

Also....you might want to try shaving your nape hair and using the hair on the full cap if it gets to be bothersome for any reason. My methods for modifying and attaching in that area can give excellent results using only the hair on the hairpiece.

Messages In This Thread
Re: New photo sent in from a full cap wearer - JRob - 03-26-2010, 02:51 PM