Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New photo sent in from a full cap wearer
03-24-2010, 05:51 PM,
Re: New photo sent in from a full cap wearer
Ted: the piece made a very significant difference in my appearance. I knew a lot of people would notice the change so I attempted to distort people's perceptions of what I looked like beforehand - I wore a hat to work for 2 weeks then I attached over a long weekend. Additionally, I started out with a smaller partial; I later transitioned to the larger partial I wear now.

Still, the change was too dramatic and most people noticed. It was interesting to see who commented and who didn't. The piece looked good so I told people I grew it out. Most people believed me or didn't care, a couple seemed skeptical but who cares. Another important factor is the delivery - toward the beginning I was nervous and didn't know what to say and got flustered; later on I responded with an arched eyebrow, nonchalant voice and, "oh, yeah, I grew out my hair - thanks for noticing. How's it look?" Proper delivery serves as deflection.

The transition will always be awkward to one degree or another. Wearing isn't for the faint of heart.

Messages In This Thread
Re: New photo sent in from a full cap wearer - jcoors - 03-24-2010, 05:51 PM