Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Received first system. Advice Please (pic included)
09-07-2016, 04:49 AM,
Received first system. Advice Please (pic included)
Hello,

I have recently left HC 4 men so I am still wearing that system but I received my first system from TopLace (TL200 FL). It appears the hair line is different. On my current system the hair goes all the way to the front, sides, back of the lace but with my new system there is a space from where the hair stops and the lace continues. Did I read correctly on other threads about people cutting the lace? That can't be right because wouldn't it start to fray. I would appreciate any input from everybody. My existing system is about 2 months old and took a beating over the summer between being active, pool, etc etc so I need to make the switch to a new system soon.

Also any stylists information for the Portland, Oregon area is also greatly appreciated.

Thank you

Attached Files Image(s)

09-07-2016, 04:51 PM,
RE: Received first system. Advice Please (pic included)
Hi MattyCham. That strip of bald lace is part of the manufacturing process, and has to be cut off before you wear the piece. Some people cut it right back to the hair, and others leave a millimetre or two in front of the first hair. I leave a millimetre or so. Just use sharp scissors like nail scissors.
09-07-2016, 04:58 PM,
ditto, but i cut back to the hairline. i otherwise find that the millimeter or two is noticeable in many lighting conditions or when viewed at varying angles. ie: from the side, with indirect lighting or when somebody is looking up at you or you being seated and looking up at somebody.

if you do not expose the hairline then these things are not issues. this is not due to a poor bond but in my opinion (observation) is due to the fact that bare lace glued or taped to the scalp will not have the same texture or reflection of light capabilities as your own bare skin which is what should be after your hairline ends.
09-07-2016, 11:23 PM,
Baldrich,
You can cut it back as far as your HC4Men unit. It will not fray. HC4M uses a ‘hard bond’ process of glue and tape that lasts for about 6 weeks. That’s not sanitary to bond for that long. What tape is being used with the HC4M bond? If you like the extra tapes that HC4M sold you then try them. I recommend Walker No Shine tape. As the name implies it has no shine to it.
Regards,
John
09-08-2016, 03:21 AM,
Thanks for all of this information. It was exactly what I was looking for and makes complete sense. I will make the necessary cuts on the unit.
01-27-2017, 11:24 AM,
Does the hair system you got from HairClub 4 Men seem better or the same as Toplace? Was thinking of trying HC4M, but the pricing is crazy. The extra perks you get from HC4M, are they worth it, or should I just get the DIY from Toplace?
01-27-2017, 05:00 PM,
Don't even think about it dude. I'm certain hair systems would be worn by far more men if HCM didn't exist - they have poor quality thick detectable pieces at frankly ludicrous prices, and their whole business model is unhealthy and exploitative. So many guys are put off the whole idea by their experiences with HCM, and they never get to find out that there is something better out there.
01-27-2017, 10:30 PM,
Hi, i am also in portland, OR and am on the verge of taking the plunge and in doing so have found 2 options that will do "cut-ins" so many places only offer cut-ins if u buy their product. I really think someone could make a killing up here if they offered that service. Now granted I am not wearing and have not used either of these stylists, i'm just offering a few resources I came across.
http://www.cmwincor.com/ <-- says she will do attachment and style/cut-in for 100$ .. I believe that was the price she quoted.
secondly
http://www.houseofdavidpdx.com/ <--- the recommended stylists name was Jerry, now I am not sure if he has experience with bonds and it could be just cut/ins. There is popular hair system stylist in portland "brenda Kay' but unfortunately she only deals with women's hairloss, but she was kind enough to recommend Jerry to me.
Once again I have not used the services of either of these stylists, but these are 2 resources I have came across in the PDX metro area.
good luck. and let me know how it goes if u decide to use either of them
05-18-2017, 07:09 AM,
(01-27-2017, 10:30 PM)potenialhair Wrote: Hi, i am also in portland, OR and am on the verge of taking the plunge and in doing so have found 2 options that will do "cut-ins" so many places only offer cut-ins if u buy their product. I really think someone could make a killing up here if they offered that service. Now granted I am not wearing and have not used either of these stylists, i'm just offering a few resources I came across.
http://www.cmwincor.com/ <-- says she will do attachment and style/cut-in for 100$ .. I believe that was the price she quoted.
secondly
http://www.houseofdavidpdx.com/ <--- the recommended stylists name was Jerry, now I am not sure if he has experience with bonds and it could be just cut/ins. There is popular hair system stylist in portland "brenda Kay' but unfortunately she only deals with women's hairloss, but she was kind enough to recommend Jerry to me.
Once again I have not used the services of either of these stylists, but these are 2 resources I have came across in the PDX metro area.
good luck. and let me know how it goes if u decide to use either of them

potentialhair,

Did you end up getting your first system cut in? If so, where did you go to have it done and how's it going? I'll be spending some time in Portland so need to find a good stylist