Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bleaching Lace...Does it Work?
07-09-2009, 02:27 AM,
Bleaching Lace...Does it Work?
I was wondering if anyone has bleached the front of the lace (SFS lace) with success? I run into a problem of discoloration, especially when I sweat in the summer. This results in a line showing along the border of the lace on my forehead. If I can die it back to neutral color, I can extend the life of my units. If you've had success, what product(s) do you use to achieve this?

Thanks in advance.
07-09-2009, 05:53 AM,
Re: Bleaching Lace...Does it Work?
Good question, I have never tried this as i just recently a new wearer (have been helping out others over the past few months though) just wondering if a high quality fabric dye might work? you may want to experiment with the lace trimmings you have left when you cut the system in and trimmed the SFS front.

I am thinking of going into an art shop and looking for a flesh coloured fabric dye to experiment with.
07-09-2009, 07:05 AM,
Interesting question I have the same issue!!! anyone got any ideas?
07-09-2009, 09:44 AM,
hello

do you mean that your sfs got lighter after bleaching and it is visible on your skin?
i once bleached my french lace, then it got a little lighter, but i put some (washable) dye (2.99 eur) on it, rinsed it after 20 min and the colour was "neutral" again. after several washing of the piece you have to redo it.
so well, basically dying it with a slight brown colour helps
oh, and when im sweating, the lace gets wet after some days and turns a little darker, so a new clean attachmet after max 4 days is necessary
07-09-2009, 03:03 PM,
spektrum Wrote:hello

do you mean that your sfs got lighter after bleaching and it is visible on your skin?
i once bleached my french lace, then it got a little lighter, but i put some (washable) dye (2.99 eur) on it, rinsed it after 20 min and the colour was "neutral" again. after several washing of the piece you have to redo it.
so well, basically dying it with a slight brown colour helps
oh, and when im sweating, the lace gets wet after some days and turns a little darker, so a new clean attachmet after max 4 days is necessary

Thanks for the tip. I do reattach it but after wearing a unit for 4-5 weeks, the knots and lace itself gets discolored. So you can still see the transition, even with fresh tape applied (I use blue tape). So I'm hoping to dye the base and knots but not the strands of hair. Do you have a product name/number I can try? I'll try it on an old unit first. Thanks!
07-10-2009, 03:46 AM,
i used a product that will wash out. it is from a german drugstore called rossmann, its their own product with the name "rossmann accent dye" or "colour creme". a small bottle of "hair mousse" dark blond (when you put some in your hand it is quite brownish), but there should be similar products from other companies in your local drugstore. just make sure it is like a mousse.

hope that helps