Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Got2B users? Any better glue?
05-26-2016, 09:03 PM,
Got2B users? Any better glue?
I have been using tape for 10+ years and just recently tried Got2B. I always remove/attach daily. Although Got2B is super easy to attach and clean up, even the slightest sweating makes it lift. I mowed my lawn the other day for about 30 minutes and when I was done, it literally slid off my head. How do you guys use this? It works great as long as my scalp doesn't sweat.

Any water resistant glue that's super easy to clean up? I remove daily so it doesn't need to be super strong.

Thanks,
05-27-2016, 01:53 AM,
RE: Got2B users? Any better glue?
Try Gorilla Snot gel. I have a poly perimeter and I experimented with some different gels. I found for my body chemistry that a mix of Girls Snot and G2B Ultra worked best. I could get 2 days even going to the gym. And if you've only been using regular G2B gel you could also try the Ultra
05-27-2016, 09:10 PM,
Thanks AJ. I had never heard of Gorilla Snot Gel - what a name. I will try G2B Ultra first then a mix of G2B with Snot on thinskin.

I would still like to find a glue for front hairline that's super easy to clean. I will try ORWG but I am afraid that won't be so quick and easy to clean. Since I do daily removal, I want the whole process add ~10 minutes to my shower time.
05-28-2016, 03:09 AM,
You don't want to use ORWG for daily removal it cures in 24 hours and it's a pretty damn strong hold. You're looking at more than 10 extra minutes each day and I really don't think it would be good for your skin to repeatedly remove and reglue every day. Do you remove your piece at night and then reattach in the morning or do you sleep in your piece too?
05-28-2016, 07:30 PM,
I have it on my head almost 24 hours a day. It's off only for 20-30 minutes when I am in the bathroom. If I take shower just before going to bed, sometimes, I would just attach sides and back and attach the front when I wake up.

Thanks for your warning on using ORWG daily. Makes sense....too bad I just placed an order. I have used tapes for 10+ years without a problem and all of sudden, I seem to have developed allergic reactions to them. Got2B seems harmless to my skin and it's so easy to use but it gets loose immediately when I start sweating. I do many sports so I still rely on tapes when I have to.

What waterproof glue do you recommend for daily attachment that's easy to clean? I read you use combination of G2B and Gorilla Snot on thinskin. Why not in the front?
05-30-2016, 02:20 AM,
Have you tried using a scalp protector? I have horrible reactions to almost all glues and tapes but I have no problems when using a scalp protector. And I get twice as long out of my bond. You could always glue the hairline and then use G2B or something on the rest and just flip the piece forward to wash it off and reapply.
05-30-2016, 04:00 PM,
Yes, I have. It helps. If there in nothing better, I would have to go back to tapes & scalp Protector.

THanks,